Clinician- IICAPS Sign on Bonus
Apply Now: Interested candidates are invited to
submit a resume today!
At Boys & Girls Village, we understand that children and families are the cornerstones of our society. Since 1942, it has been our mission to preserve and strengthen family bonds. As a leader in services for troubled youth and their families, we continually strive to develop a seamless continuum of care. Boys & Girls Village offers an array of services for children and their families. These services range from highly structured sub-acute services on campus to intensive intervention and care in the home and the community. Our broad range of programs and services are designed to work collaboratively with families, state and local agencies, and other community providers.
PURPOSE/FUNCTION OF PROGRAM:
The IICAPS program provides clinical services to children and adolescents with psychiatric diagnosis who are at risk of hospitalization or are returning home from hospitalization.
The IICAPS Clinician provides services to families in their homes and out in the community. The clinician must work a flexible schedule, including afternoon, evening, or weekend hours in order to reduce barriers to treatment and accommodate the familyís schedule.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform evaluations and treatment of children, parents, and families
- Carry a case load of 8 to 9 cases; averaging 5.5 hours of direct service per week per case
- Provides psychotherapeutic services to families through individual, family, group or play therapy to promote change in the family system.
- Provide case management, advocacy and concrete service delivery
- Guide family and team in formulation of treatment goals and strategies
- Formulate recommendations with entire IICAPS team.
- Attend IICAPS trainings and adhere to Yale IICAPS model as overseen and directed by Director
- Must be willing to schedule family visits during late afternoon and evening times and/or weekend hours
- After hours on call duty as part of a regular rotation (may require going into the home)
- Manage ongoing insurance authorization for cases
- Documents and evaluates all services and procedures to be in adherence with state statutes, COA standards and Boys & Girls Village standards.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in supervision and case presentations.
- Provides resolution of problems arising during a crisis (on call rotation via cell phone).
- Collaborates with other service providers to assure continuity of care.
- Complete documentation within required time frames
- Keeps the Coordinator and Director apprised of all situations which involve the safety of any individuals in the program or community, to monitor the impact on the agency as well as its mission of care for children and families.
- Prevents, intervenes and reports instances of child abuse or neglect.
- Performs additional duties as assigned to deliver seamless services through Boys & Girls Village.
- Present cases in rounds and develops treatment plans
- Must attend all agency and IICAPS required trainings and meetings
- Complete QI measures and contract requirements
- Masterís degree in Marriage & Family, Clinical Counseling or equivalent.
- Must be licensed or license eligible.
- Must have valid driverís license and good driving record.
- Must be willing to drive to off-campus sites for home visits and collaborative meetings
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Experience in case management and crisis intervention.
- Substantial experience working with children and families within a system approach to treatment.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) desired.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS :
- Must be able to climb several flights of stairs
- Must be able to work with clients in a variety of settings
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT
- Evening and/or occasional weekends are required
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Boys & Girls Village takes pride in the supportive, team-oriented work environment we offer to current and prospective employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, short and long-term disability, a retirement plan and generous vacation benefits. In addition, it is our goal to assure that the highest quality of care is provided to our clients by our competent, committed employees. To that end, we encourage professional development through our tuition reimbursement program and promote continued growth through various learning opportunities.
Boys & Girls Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We accept resumes on an ongoing basis. Due to the large volume of resumes that we receive, we kindly ask that you do not inquire via telephone about the status of your resume. You can be assured that if you do not hear from us, your resume will be held on file for future consideration.
PLEASE NOTE:Due to the Department of Children & Families regulations, we are prohibited from hiring anyone with a pending charges or convictions of assault or a violent crime; risk of injury to a minor; impairing the morals of a child; physical or sexual abuse, possession; use or sale of a controlled substance; similar crimes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Internships are available. Please contact Human Resources at 203-877-0300 for more information and to learn whether we can meet the internship requirements of your school.
Return to the main Employment page.
| | Share/Bookmark