Administrative Director of Residency Services
LOCATION: Milford, CT
At Boys & Girls Village, we understand that children and families are the cornerstones of our society. Since 1942, it has been our mission to preserve and strengthen family bonds. As a leader in services for troubled youth and their families, we continually strive to develop a seamless continuum of care. Boys & Girls Village offers an array of services for children and their families. These services range from highly structured sub-acute services on campus to intensive intervention and care in the home and the community. Our broad range of programs and services are designed to work collaboratively with families, state and local agencies, and other community providers.
PURPOSE/FUNCTION OF PROGRAM
REGIONS is a 12 bed Residential program for male youth referred by the Juvenile Probation System. Safe Haven is a residential program for adolescent boys with Problem Sexual Behavior (PSB).
The Administrative Director of Residency Services is responsible for outward facing responsibilities such as attending statewide CSSD and DCF meetings. This position acts as liaison to CSSD and DCF, as well as other referral sources and stakeholders. They attend collaborative meetings and represent the interests of BGV. They are responsible for regulatory program compliance in conjunction with the compliance department. They will oversee the gathering of internal and contracted QA measures, ensure that documentation is completed in accordance with state regulations. They must possess a thorough working knowledge of program components including clinical understanding and management to navigate complex systems to ensure positive program outcomes.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Develops and implements policies and procedures in accordance with contract, licensing and accreditation standards for all program services in conjunction with the VP.
2. Acts as liaison with stakeholders, including DCF and CSSD, to maintain positive working relationship and to represent mission of the Agency, attending meetings as necessary.
3. Ensures that clinical and risk management protocols for youth with PSB and REGIONS are employed.
4. Oversees the data collection for Performance Based Standards in collaboration with QA and the program staff.
5. Assists VP in maintaining the fiscal integrity of programs through management of budget and efficient resource utilization
6. Regularly briefs the VP on the clinical indicators, identified operational, and fiscal functions that impact the programs.
7. In conjunction with VP, identifies and implements training, mentoring, coaching, supervision or other competency enhancing steps to ensure quality necessary to implement residency services.
8. Reviews CQI data, makes recommendations for modifications of program services to the VP based on program effectiveness/safety. Ensures program meets identified utilization as well as LOS targets.
9. Coordinates with CSSD for the Contractor Compliance Audit System
10. Oversees that all documentation both clinical and milieu are completed in accordance with state and federal standards.
11. Acts as the PREA Coordinator for REGIONS House.
12. Ensures all workflows and internal processes are occurring as outlined, and that training requirements are met per program requirements.
13. Participates in systems wide issues through appropriate Behavioral Health forums/meetings on State wide basis as well as Community and local levels, such as System Collaborative.
14. Ensures that DCF and BGV Leadership is notified of any allegations of abuse and/or neglect of children in care.
15. Completes all necessary reporting for CSSD, ASO/DCF, or other licensing or regulatory agencies as required.
16. Acts as liaison to the CSSD Ombudsman and completes monthly reporting based on quality of life survey results
17. Responsible for monitoring and participating in the on-call system.
18. Carries out other job-related duties as necessary.
• Master’s Degree in Social Work, MFT, LPC or higher with license in mental health field.
• Minimum 3-years supervisory experience as Masters’ level.
• The ability to collaborate and work with outside agencies such as CSSD and DCF.
• Knowledge and experience in delivery of intensive pediatric behavioral health services, including milieu-based services or an equivalent
• Bi-lingual English/Spanish desired
• Familiar with both CSSD/Probation Offices and DCF structure and function.
• Knowledge of the treatment of youth with Problem Sexual Behavior
• Experience with implementation and application of trauma informed treatment
• This person will have no direct supervisory responsibility but must be able to act as a liaison and interface with key program personnel as identified by the VP
• Must be in sufficient physical condition to interact on regular basis with various programs/staff, including passing TCI training and participating in client restraints if necessary
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT
• Valid Drivers’ License and ability to drive off site to state wide meetings
• Flexible work schedule to include occasional nights and weekends
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Boys & Girls Village takes pride in the supportive, team-oriented work environment we offer to current and prospective employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, short and long-term disability, a retirement plan and generous vacation benefits. In addition, it is our goal to assure that the highest quality of care is provided to our clients by our competent, committed employees. To that end, we encourage professional development through our tuition reimbursement program and promote continued growth through various learning opportunities.
Boys & Girls Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We accept resumes on an ongoing basis. Due to the large volume of resumes that we receive, we kindly ask that you do not inquire via telephone about the status of your resume. You can be assured that if you do not hear from us, your resume will be held on file for future consideration.
PLEASE NOTE:Due to the Department of Children & Families regulations, we are prohibited from hiring anyone with a pending charges or convictions of assault or a violent crime; risk of injury to a minor; impairing the morals of a child; physical or sexual abuse, possession; use or sale of a controlled substance; similar crimes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.