Location: Bridgeport, CT
At Boys & Girls Village, we understand that children and families are the cornerstones of our society. Since 1942, it has been our mission to preserve and strengthen family bonds. As a leader in services for troubled youth and their families, we continually strive to develop a seamless continuum of care. Boys & Girls Village offers an array of services for children and their families. These services range from highly structured sub-acute services on campus to intensive intervention and care in the home and the community. Our broad range of programs and services are designed to work collaboratively with families, state and local agencies, and other community providers.
- PROGRAM OVERVIEW:
Boys & Girls Village is growing and expanding everyday!! We are excited to announce new programs such as the, ASBTEP program which is designed to prevent reoffending of sexually inappropriate or abusive behavior, promote victim and community safety and educate juveniles and their families on appropriate sexual behavior, boundaries, and healthy development while equipping youth with prosocial life skills. The program will use a collaborative and multi-systems approach that supports the juvenile's engagement in services and protects the community. Juveniles are divided into 2 levels of service: Level 1 receives sexuality Education and Case Management for 1 -3 months and Level 2 receives the same but with the addition of Individualized Treatment for 3 – 12 months.
- POSITION SUMMARY:
The Clinician provides Case Management and Sexuality Education for 1 to 3 months to Level 1 youth and individualized clinical and case management services in the home to the youth including other individuals in his/her natural support system. The Clinician provides the above plus Individualized Treatment to level 2 youth for 3 – 12 months.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct Assessments, including clinical and risk such as the ERASOR or JSOAP. Complete ITPs and Safety Plans
- Teach sexuality education utilizing the curriculum identified
- Provide case management services that are guided by the ITP and connect juveniles to community based providers.
- Provides Individual Treatment for Level 2 youth at a minimum of 1x per week or more frequently given need. Treatment takes a cognitive behavioral approach with relapse prevention. Family support is provided.
- Gathers and inputs all data required by CSSD, internal QI, state and federal guidelines.
- Maximize program utilization, and ensure appropriate billing of services
- Documents all services in adherence with state statutes, regulatory, billing, COA standards and Boys & Girls Village Standards.
- Participates in on-call rotation.
- Must be willing to schedule family visits during late afternoon and evening times and/or weekend hours to meet family’s needs.
- Perform additional duties as assigned in order to deliver seamless services throughout the agency.
- Must be a CATSO member within 1 year of hire; ATSA member within 2 years of hire
- Must complete all internal and CSSD required trainings.
- ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS
- LMSW or degree in related field, must be licensed or license eligible
- Experience working with juveniles, youth and families
- Experience and/or knowledge of inappropriate sexual behavior.
- Must have significant knowledge of diverse populations
- Must be willing to work a flexible work schedule and be in the office during normal business hours and available after hours for on call support
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Previous experience with cognitive behavioral treatments
- Bi-Lingual Preferred
- Clinical Member of CATSO
- SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Must be able to climb several flights of stairs
- Must be able to work with clients in a variety of settings
- WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT
- Must be willing to drive to off –campus sites for home visits and collaborative meetings.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, good driving record and reliable transportation
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule.
- COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
- Boys & Girls Village takes pride in the supportive, team-oriented work environment we offer to current and prospective employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, short and long-term disability, a retirement plan and generous vacation benefits. In addition, it is our goal to assure that the highest quality of care is provided to our clients by our competent, committed employees. To that end, we encourage professional development through our tuition reimbursement program and promote continued growth through various learning opportunities.
Boys & Girls Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We accept resumes on an ongoing basis. Due to the large volume of resumes that we receive, we kindly ask that you do not inquire via telephone about the status of your resume. You can be assured that if you do not hear from us, your resume will be held on file for future consideration.
PLEASE NOTE:Due to the Department of Children & Families regulations, we are prohibited from hiring anyone with a pending charges or convictions of assault or a violent crime; risk of injury to a minor; impairing the morals of a child; physical or sexual abuse, possession; use or sale of a controlled substance; similar crimes
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.