LOCATION: Milford, CT
At Boys & Girls Village, we understand that children and families are the cornerstones of our society. Since 1942, it has been our mission to preserve and strengthen family bonds. As a leader in services for troubled youth and their families, we continually strive to develop a seamless continuum of care. Boys & Girls Village offers an array of services for children and their families. These services range from highly structured sub-acute services on campus to intensive intervention and care in the home and the community. Our broad range of programs and services are designed to work collaboratively with families, state and local agencies, and other community providers.
PURPOSE/FUNCTION OF THE PROGRAM:
The Therapeutic Foster Care program trains, recruits, and approves foster/ adoptive parents. The program provides care management services to children ages 6-17 who require out of home care and are capable of living in a family setting. They are children who have some combination of psychiatric, behavioral, and emotional disorders.
Provides care management services to TFC homes in order to prevent the disruption of TFC children.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides any and all service (directly or indirectly) that are necessary to TFC parents and child to preserve placement
- Provides care planning, coordination, implementation and monitoring
- Completes service plans
- Referral and linkage to community-based supports
- Provides foster family support, guidance, and supervision, including evaluating for parenting and skilled care competencies and the provision of specialized training as needed.
- Develop and monitor of service contracts/agreements with foster parents or household members regarding expectations
- Conduct home safety assessments and monitoring
- Coordinate respite and emergency care planning and placement
- Provide advocacy for foster child
- Support and maintain relationships between children and their families of origin
- Arrange for and/or transport children to appointments and activities, as need
- Fulfill all expectations in the DCF TFC contract regarding services that support the safety, wellbeing and permanency for children and families
- Participate in on-call rotation system, responding to families via phone during times of crisis
- Educate foster parents about the trauma inherent in a child’s experience of placement Therapeutic engagement and intervention
- Provides reunification services to child in placement and family of origin
- Completes documentation and QI measures within required time frames.
- Masters Degree in Social Work or related field
- Knowledge of the foster care system, and a proven history of leadership skills
- Evening and occasional weekends are required
- Must have a valid drivers license and be willing to drive to off –campus sites for home visits and collaborative meetings and have access to reliable transportation
- Bi-lingual preferred
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Must be able to climb several flights of stairs
- Must be able to work with clients in a variety of settings
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Boys & Girls Village takes pride in the supportive, team-oriented work environment we offer to current and prospective employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, short and long-term disability, a retirement plan and generous vacation benefits. In addition, it is our goal to assure that the highest quality of care is provided to our clients by our competent, committed employees. To that end, we encourage professional development through our tuition reimbursement program and promote continued growth through various learning opportunities.
Boys & Girls Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We accept resumes on an ongoing basis. Due to the large volume of resumes that we receive, we kindly ask that you do not inquire via telephone about the status of your resume. You can be assured that if you do not hear from us, your resume will be held on file for future consideration.
PLEASE NOTE:Due to the Department of Children & Families regulations, we are prohibited from hiring anyone with a pending charges or convictions of assault or a violent crime; risk of injury to a minor; impairing the morals of a child; physical or sexual abuse, possession; use or sale of a controlled substance; similar crimes
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.