Senior Clinical Director
Location: Milford, CT
At Boys & Girls Village, we understand that children and families are the cornerstones of our society. Since 1942, it has been our mission to preserve and strengthen family bonds. As a leader in services for troubled youth and their families, we continually strive to develop a seamless continuum of care. Boys & Girls Village offers an array of services for children and their families. These services range from highly structured sub-acute services on campus to intensive intervention and care in the home and the community. Our broad range of programs and services are designed to work collaboratively with families, state and local agencies, and other community providers.
PURPOSE/FUNCTION OF THE PROGRAM:
BGV continues to expand its programs and services and is need of highly experienced and qualified individuals at the Director level. The services in need encompass 3 major areas including Permanency Planning, Behavioral Health and Juvenile Justice. We are looking for licensed MA level staff with experience supervising staff and implementing programs to join our team. Bilingual in Spanish is preferred.
The Director is responsible for ensuring the program(s) under their direction provide effective, quality driven, strength based, culturally competent family centered care. The Director participates in the development of program design, policies and procedures and risk management in conjunction with their supervisor. The Director ensures program(s) are in accordance with contracts, licensing, payer regulations and accreditation standards for all assigned programs. Director is responsible for managing program resources in accordance with budget. The Director is also charged with being the liaison with the model consultants if required by service model. Director participates as part of senior leadership in promoting agency culture, goals and strategic plan.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure quality of services provided in program(s) including use CQI indicators, review of program services, program documentation and program observation/supervision
- Develop policies and procedures in conjunction with supervisor in accordance with contract, licensing and accreditation standards for all identified programs, and ensures program adherence to all relevant policies and procedures.
- Maintains the fiscal integrity of programs through efficient management of agency resources, appropriate program utilization and productivity
- Ensures the appropriate utilization and staff productivity as per agency and contract benchmarks/goals
- Ensures services provided adhere to goals of maximizing service coordination and integration across all services client receives including behavioral health, educational, non-traditional and medical services
- Ensures and monitors QA indicators and participates as required in agency QA program, and with supervisor makes necessary program adjustments based on indicators.
- Reviews and utilizes with supervisor and QI, data reports to support goals of productivity, efficiency, safety and quality
- Provides an agency wide presence by overseeing agency committees and representing agency at outside meetings.
- Ensure program implementation of agency HIPAA, compliance, COA and other regulatory requirements necessary for effective program functioning
- Provides/ensures for merit evaluation, supervision and training of staff (including use of EHR)
- Identifies opportunities to expand and enhance program services
- Works with supervisor to secure and maintain contracts with managed care companies, participate in pay for performance initiatives, and acts as interface with ASO/DCF including relevant committee participation
- Identifies possible program risks including clinical, financial or personnel issues to supervisor in a timely fashion
- Regularly briefs supervisor on the clinical, operational and fiscal variances in programs
- Hires and is responsible for evaluation process of staff under their supervision
- Collaborates with other programs to provide seamless continuum of care
- Participates in statewide initiatives, groups or meetings as related to the various programs
- Ensures Risk Management and DCF are notified of any allegations of abuse and/or neglect
- Completes all necessary reporting to DCF or other licensing or regulatory agency as required
- Supervises and provides performance based evaluations of program managers and any other direct reports
- LCSW or equivalent in related behavioral health field
- Minimum five years supervisory experience
- Must demonstrate or have proven ability to organize and direct professional staff, understand and accept agency mission and vision
- Extensive knowledge and experience in delivery of intensive behavioral health services
- Demonstrated ability to advocate with managed care to obtain appropriate levels of care
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish desired
- Supervision of (program managers and coordinators)
- Completion of annual evaluations
- Must be able to travel to a variety of settings
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT:
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be willing to drive to BGV off –campus sites and collaborative meetings
- Ability to be available by phone during non-regular working hours
- Must have access to reliable transportation
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Boys & Girls Village takes pride in the supportive, team-oriented work environment we offer to current and prospective employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, short and long-term disability, a retirement plan and generous vacation benefits. In addition, it is our goal to assure that the highest quality of care is provided to our clients by our competent, committed employees. To that end, we encourage professional development through our tuition reimbursement program and promote continued growth through various learning opportunities.
Boys & Girls Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We accept resumes on an ongoing basis. Due to the large volume of resumes that we receive, we kindly ask that you do not inquire via telephone about the status of your resume. You can be assured that if you do not hear from us, your resume will be held on file for future consideration.
PLEASE NOTE:Due to the Department of Children & Families regulations, we are prohibited from hiring anyone with a pending charges or convictions of assault or a violent crime; risk of injury to a minor; impairing the morals of a child; physical or sexual abuse, possession; use or sale of a controlled substance; similar crime
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.