Residential Clinical Manager
LOCATION: Milford, CT
At Boys & Girls Village, we understand that children and families are the cornerstones of our society. Since 1942, it has been our mission to preserve and strengthen family bonds. As a leader in services for troubled youth and their families, we continually strive to develop a seamless continuum of care. Boys & Girls Village offers an array of services for children and their families. These services range from highly structured sub-acute services on campus to intensive intervention and care in the home and the community. Our broad range of programs and services are designed to work collaboratively with families, state and local agencies, and other community providers. We now have offices in Milford, Bridgeport, Norwalk, and Waterbury.
- PURPOSE/FUNCTION OF PROGRAM:
REGIONS is a 12-bed program for adolescent boys involved with the Juvenile Justice system. They are referred by Juvenile Probation for an average of 6 months to improve coping and daily living skills, reduce family dysfunction and reconnect to their educational systems.
- POSITION OVERVIEW:
The Clinical Manager is responsible for oversight and effective implementation of clinical services and procedures to ensure a clinically therapeutic milieu in REGIONS. The Manager provides direct supervision to clinicians, education, and reintegration mentors.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establishes and maintains relationships with referral sources, and triages and sets up intakes in collaboration with the clinical team providing all relevant information.
- Manages and completes all admissions including assigning cases to clinicians based on case load.
- Supervises clinical staff, education and reintegration mentors.
- Coordinates with members of the treatment team to ensure the implementation of all clinical services.
- Provides direct clinical services, including group, individual, and family therapy as needed.
- Provides crisis assessment, monitors risk and keeps the multidisciplinary team appraised of any relevant issues.
- Collaborates with team members to determine and coordinate appropriate group assignments.
- Works with the Director to assist direct care staff regarding implementation of treatment plans & ICMP’s.
- Participates in an on-call rotation to respond to clinical crises.
- Collaborates with school staff in order to ensure effective implementation of communication between the school social workers and the REGIONS clinical team members.
- Reviews clinical documentation, including treatment plans/reviews and progress notes, ensuring timely completion to meet CSSD and BGV requirements.
- Attends weekly REGIONS meetings and organizes rounds to ensure that critical issues are addressed.
- Assists in gathering QI measures.
- Completes all trainings by the due dates (Relias or other agency training).
- Able to effectively utilize agency EHR, for purposes of program documentation and data requirement.
- Keeps Director and attending psychiatrist (and APRN) up-to-date regarding all significant client and program issues
- Ensures full implementation of the Risking Connection, Behavior Management Systems and TCI Models; including documented staff and program observations as per policy.
- Accepts additional assignments and responsibility as requested by the Director.
- ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS:
- A licensed Master’s degree clinician in Social Work or related field with 2 years’ experience supervising staff in a residential setting.
- Communication skills to allow effective relationships with children, families, staff, and CSSD.
- Ability to proactively problem solve and develop solutions to barriers.
- Fulfills competency-based requirements in Risking Connections, Behavior management system, TCI and other approaches as adopted or indicated by VP and/or President.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
V. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
VI. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises clinicians, educational mentor, and reintegration mentors.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to perform TCI consistent with program policy and procedure
- Ability to climb stairs
- WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT:
- Some travel may be required to statewide meetings
- Willing to work evenings and weekends at times as program requires.
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Boys & Girls Village takes pride in the supportive, team-oriented work environment we offer to current and prospective employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, short and long-term disability, a retirement plan and generous vacation benefits. In addition, it is our goal to assure that the highest quality of care is provided to our clients by our competent, committed employees. To that end, we encourage professional development through our tuition reimbursement program and promote continued growth through various learning opportunities.
Boys & Girls Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We accept resumes on an ongoing basis. Due to the large volume of resumes that we receive, we kindly ask that you do not inquire via telephone about the status of your resume. You can be assured that if you do not hear from us, your resume will be held on file for future consideration.
PLEASE NOTE:Due to the Department of Children & Families regulations, we are prohibited from hiring anyone with a pending charges or convictions of assault or a violent crime; risk of injury to a minor; impairing the morals of a child; physical or sexual abuse, possession; use or sale of a controlled substance; similar crimes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.