Clinician- Safe Haven PSB
Safe Haven is a residential program with a focus on the treatment and reduction of sexually abusive behavior for boys. In addition to the residential services, BGV offers Psychosexual Assessments for male and female youth outside of the program in order to identify risk and make recommendations regarding supervision, and treatment.
The Clinician provides direct therapeutic clinical services in the home or program to families, and individuals as needed. The Clinician serves as part of the clinical team within the Safe Haven Residential program, but also completes Psychosexual Assessments and Risk Assessments for referring sources that can range from school settings, DCF, etc.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provides direct clinical services including crisis intervention, group, individual, and family therapy as well as case management services.
- Coordinates and ensures implementation of all clinical services as indicated by the clients’ individual treatment plan and as directed by supervisor
- Completes assessments, progress notes, treatment plans, and other paperwork as assigned
- Monitors at risk situations and case dynamics, and keeps the multidisciplinary team appraised of any relevant issues
- Collaborates with team members to determine and coordinate appropriate aftercare services when clients are discharging
- Follows all state, federal, and agency regulations in regards to documentation and billing
- Collaborates with DCF, schools, legal system, and other service providers
- Co-facilitates regularly scheduled Family Fun Night with other staff with specific emphasis on assisting families develop an understanding of problem sexual behavior and psychoeducation regarding these issues
- Coordinates educational services for clients, including 603 notifications, obtaining educational and health records, arranging transportation, and attending PPTs and PRTs as necessary
- Keeps Program Leadership apprised of relevant case dynamics and risk factors
- Completes and submits monthly data to DCF and internal QA measures.
- Works closely with the agency’s other staff to facilitate service plan implementation, and to assure case-management efforts are carried out
- Completes all required trainings including Relias by due date.
- Accepts additional assignments and responsibility as requested by supervisor.
- Completes Psychosexual Evaluations and Risk Assessments as assigned.
- Participates in on-call rotation
- Carries out all other duties as assigned to ensure the effective services of the program.
Masters in Social Work or related field and license eligible in the State of Connecticut
- Background working with individuals with problem sexual behavior
- Must have experience in delivery of individual, group, and family therapy
- Good communication skills
V. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Prior experience in writing assessment reports
- Knowledge of PNMI standards
- Prior experience in a congregate care setting
- Member of CATSO
VI. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Ability to climb stairs
- Must be able to engage in crisis management, including physical restraints.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT:
Able to work a flexible work schedule including some weekends and eveningsValid driver’s license and ability to drive to off campus meetings
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.