LOCATION: Milford, CT
The Controller supports the overall business functions of the agency, this position is specifically responsible for oversight of the day-to-day operations of the finance department.
- Oversee day-to-day financial operations of accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and internal controls.
- Manage and mentor finance department staff to ensure their ongoing professional growth, as well as ensure that financial procedures are carried out by staff and that internal control procedures are appropriate and observed.
- Oversee the reconciliation of general ledger accounts monthly
- Oversees accounting of fixed assets and depreciation
- Manage day-to-day, periodic, and year-end accounting and financial reporting functions and operations including annual audits and financial statements.
- Ensure compliance with all finance related requirements and legislation to ensure best practices
- Ensures 401K processes and compliance
- Must be computer literate and have good organizational skills
- Bachelor degree in accounting/finance
- Prior experience with Paylocity and/or Blackbaud Financial Edge applications
- Preferred minimum of 5-7 years directly related experience working as an accountant
PURPOSE/FUNCTION OF THE PROGRAM:
The Finance Department is responsible for all financial record keeping and reporting for the agency and being a resource within the agency to facilitate business operations.
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Boys & Girls Village (BGV) takes pride in the supportive, team-oriented environment we offer to our employees.
FOR YOUR HEALTH & WELLBEING
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, including an option that is free to employees. Currently using United HealthCare
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Free annual flu shots
- Wellness workshops
FOR YOUR FUTURE
a 401K plan with employer contributions
- Company paid life and AD&D insurance, short and long-term disability.
FOR CAREER DEVELOPMENT
- A tuition reimbursement program and free licensing supervision.
- Partnership with CT Non-Profit Alliance for tuition discounts at participating universities
- Training and development opportunities
FOR WORK-LIFE BALANCE
- Competitive salaries, with increased compensation for Bi-lingual in Spanish staff
- Generous benefit time, including vacation, sick, and personal time
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)- Free and confidential counseling for employee and family
- Remote interview process offered
- Personal protective equipment provided and required
- Plastic shields at work stations
- Temperature screening at all entrances
- Social distance guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, Disinfecting, & Cleaning procedures in place
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.