Cook- PT Sundays
LOCATION: Milford, CT
POSITION OVERVIEW: The cook prepares and serves all three meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) for the clients and staff of Boys & Girls Village on their scheduled days of work, and during special events.
- Oversee the activities within the kitchen to assure they conform to proper procedure.
- Prepares daily meals for the clients and special requests for staff.
- Responsible for placing food orders.
- Organizes and maintain the kitchen facilities independently so that it meets health standards.
- Oversees delivery and placement of kitchen supplies, including perishable goods.
- Assists in all special events, parties, etc.
- Delivers food to residential facilities
- Associate degree (certain industry /educational certifications may be accepted in lieu of AS) plus 2-3 years’ instructional experience.
- Thorough knowledge of basic and advanced cooking techniques including hot and cold foods, soups, stocks, sauces, etc.
- Knowledge of proper sanitation and safety procedures as defined by the State of Connecticut Health Code
- Knowledge of all required kitchen small wares and equipment, including proper breakdown, sanitation and reassembly of equipment
- Skilled in basic math applications as used in food service operations including food cost, labor cost, recipe conversion and yield test and well versed in culinary terms used in a professional kitchen
- Skilled in making presentations to groups of clients and in explaining culinary techniques at a fundamental to advanced level
- Serv-Safe Certification
PURPOSE/FUNCTION OF THE PROGRAM:
The function of the Facilities Program is to provide and maintain resources such as facilities vehicles and equipment necessary for the agency to run effectively and efficiently.
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Boys & Girls Village (BGV) takes pride in the supportive, team-oriented environment we offer to our employees.
FOR YOUR HEALTH & WELLBEING
- Free annual flu shots
- Wellness workshops
FOR CAREER DEVELOPMENT
- Partnership with CT Non-Profit Alliance for tuition discounts at participating universities
- Training and development opportunities
FOR WORK-LIFE BALANCE
- Competitive salaries, with increased compensation for Bi-lingual in Spanish staff
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)- Free and confidential counseling for employee and family
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.