Culinary Instructor/Job Coach- Full Time
Location: Bridgeport, CT
- BGV is seeking a certified culinary instructor
- Working in our vocational program with teens ages 16-21
Prepares and provides culinary instruction
Responsible for preparation and cooking of all food for culinary arts program
Works in conjunction with food service manager to place all food and supply orders and oversee deliveries for Work to Learn
Organizes and maintains the restaurant kitchen facilities independently, so that it meets CT health standards
Assists in all special events
Creates and/or makes changes to menu as needed, to ensure customer satisfaction
Must respond to and work with diverse and varied client populations
Meet all teaching expectations, as outlined and support the BGV mission
Provides direct case management and support in goal achievement for a caseload equivalent of 10-16 full time youth
Responsible for maintaining documentation, paperwork and record keeping in accordance with state, federal and BGV policies
Culinary degree (certain industry /educational certifications may be accepted in lieu of AS) plus 2-3 years’ instructional experience.
5+ years of experience in restaurant industry
Thorough knowledge of basic and advanced cooking techniques including hot and cold foods, soups, stocks, sauces, etc.
SERV Safe for Managers required-certified proctor and instructor
PURPOSE/FUNCTION OF THE PROGRAM:
The focus of the Work to Learn Program is to maximize youth’s educational, vocational and employability skills and experiences. The function of Meatball Heaven is to provide a learning atmosphere to better prepare our clients for a rewarding career in the Food Service Industry.
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Boys & Girls Village (BGV) takes pride in the supportive, team-oriented environment we offer to our employees.
FOR YOUR HEALTH & WELLBEING
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, including an option that is free to employees. Currently using United HealthCare
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Free annual flu shots
- Wellness workshops
FOR YOUR FUTURE
- a 401K plan with employer contributions
- Company paid life and AD&D insurance, short and long-term disability.
FOR CAREER DEVELOPMENT
- A tuition reimbursement program and free licensing supervision.
- Partnership with CT Non-Profit Alliance for tuition discounts at participating universities
- Training and development opportunities
FOR WORK-LIFE BALANCE
- Competitive salaries, with increased compensation for Bi-lingual in Spanish staff
- Generous benefit time, including vacation, sick, and personal time
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)- Free and confidential counseling for employee and family
- Remote interview process offered
- Personal protective equipment provided and required
- Plastic shields at work stations
- Temperature screening at all entrances
- Social distance guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, Disinfecting, & Cleaning procedures in place
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.