Culinary Arts Vocational Instructor- Full Time
Location: Bridgeport, CT
- BGV is seeking a certified culinary instructor
- Working in our vocational program with teens ages 16-21
- Prepares and provides culinary instruction
- Responsible for preparation and cooking of all food for culinary arts program
- Works in conjunction with food service manager to place all food and supply orders and oversee deliveries for Work to Learn
- Organizes and maintains the restaurant kitchen facilities independently, so that it meets CT health standards
- Assists in all special events
- Creates and/or makes changes to menu as needed, to ensure customer satisfaction
- Must respond to and work with diverse and varied client populations
- Meet all teaching expectations, as outlined and support the BGV mission
- Culinary degree (certain industry /educational certifications may be accepted in lieu of AS) plus 2-3 years’ instructional experience.
- 5+ years of experience in restaurant industry
- Thorough knowledge of basic and advanced cooking techniques including hot and cold foods, soups, stocks, sauces, etc.
- SERV Safe for Managers required-certified proctor and instructor
PURPOSE/FUNCTION OF THE PROGRAM:
The focus of the Work to Learn Program is to maximize youth’s educational, vocational and employability skills and experiences. The function of Meatball Heaven is to provide a learning atmosphere to better prepare our clients for a rewarding career in the Food Service Industry.
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Boys & Girls Village (BGV) takes pride in the supportive, team-oriented environment we offer to our employees.
- Competitive salaries, with increased compensation for Bi-lingual in Spanish staff
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits, including an option that is free to employees.
- Life insurance, short and long-term disability
- a 401K plan with employer contributions
- Generous benefit time
- A tuition reimbursement program and free licensing supervision.
We are an equal opportunity employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.