Director of Education & Vocational Planning
Location: Milford, CT
The Director functions under the direct supervision of the VP of Education and Vocational Services. The Director serves on the School Leadership Team (SLT) and as the educational and vocational lead, implementing SEED teacher evaluations and developing the curriculum. The Director is also responsible for ensuring that IEPs are fully implemented and will serve as liaison for the Connecticut Teacher Education and Mentor Program (CTTEAM). The Director will also work in close collaboration with the Clinical Director of Education.
- Responsible for developing and implementing the school curriculum ensuring that all Individualized Education Plans (IEP) and Common Core State Standards are followed.
- Provide direction, oversight, modeling, and supervision of teachers through SEED and agency evaluations, direct observations, and individual supervision to ensure best instructional practices
- Collaborate with Clinical Director and Milieu Staff to ensure the presence of a safe, structured, therapeutic environment in the school and the day-to-day operations and communication.
- Monitors and communicates all relative changes, mandates and CSDE recommendations.
- Oversees those administrative functions are completed in accordance with state, federal, and agency regulations and communicated including completion of school contracts, entering LEA portals, etc.
- Participate and lead as needed staff trainings, meetings, and development exercises.
- Prepares all reports and documents related to role responsibilities in accordance with quality guidelines and due date postings.
- Oversee the transition and vocational programs including their expansion, development and implementation, increasing the number of students participating and potential placements.
- Implement and document onboarding process for new teachers, ensuring they are trained within 90 days.
- Participate in the planning of professional development as applicable through the Annual School Professional Development Plan and Boys & Girls Village Professional Development Plan.
- Collect and prepare data related to student/overall school progress tied to BGV Strategic Planning and Education and Vocational goals.
- Ensure that all data is gathered, and that staff are prepared for the PPT process, arranging/participating in team meetings in classrooms and assuring the guardians have been included.
- Develops department structures and procedures in accordance with agency goals and all applicable standards and regulations.
- Initial, provisional, or professional CT Intermediate Administration Certification is required (092)
- At least 5 years previous experience teaching students with special needs.
- Must have CT Special Education Certification Teacher Certification (165).
PURPOSE/FUNCTION OF THE PROGRAM:
Charles F. Hayden School is committed to educating students through a psycho-educational, clinically informed therapeutic milieu. Collaborative educational planning and placement teams including families and district personnel design Individualized Educational Programs (IEP) for every student.
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Boys & Girls Village (BGV) takes pride in the supportive, team-oriented environment we offer to our employees.
FOR YOUR HEALTH & WELLBEING
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, including an option that is free to employees. Currently using United HealthCare
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Free annual flu shots
- Wellness workshops
FOR YOUR FUTURE
- a 401K plan with employer contributions
- Company paid life and AD&D insurance, short and long-term disability.
FOR CAREER DEVELOPMENT
- A tuition reimbursement program and free licensing supervision.
- Partnership with CT Non-Profit Alliance for tuition discounts at participating universities
- Training and development opportunities
FOR WORK-LIFE BALANCE
- Competitive salaries, with increased compensation for Bi-lingual in Spanish staff
- Generous benefit time, including vacation, sick, and personal time
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)- Free and confidential counseling for employee and family
- Remote interview process offered
- Personal protective equipment provided and required
- Plastic shields at workstations
- Temperature screening at all entrances
- Social distance guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, Disinfecting, & Cleaning procedures in place
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.