Director of REGIONS Residential
LOCATION: Milford, CT
At Boys & Girls Village, we understand that children and families are the cornerstones of our society. Since 1942, it has been our mission to preserve and strengthen family bonds. As a leader in services for troubled youth and their families, we continually strive to develop a seamless continuum of care. Boys & Girls Village offers an array of services for children and their families. These services range from highly structured sub-acute services on campus to intensive intervention and care in the home and the community. Our broad range of programs and services are designed to work collaboratively with families, state and local agencies, and other community providers.
PURPOSE/FUNCTION OF PROGRAM
REGIONS is a 12-bed program for boys involved with the Juvenile Justice System. They stay for an average of 6 months to work on prosocial behaviors and re-engage with their families and school programs.
Responsible for ensuring that services are quality driven, strength based, family focused and delivered in a fiscally effective manner. The Director executes the position through programmatic oversight and development, direct supervision of key staff, and the ensuring policies and procedures that are in accordance with contracts, licensing and accreditation standards. Assures that program provide treatment services that are comprehensive, timely, and effective and are in accordance with the mission and goals of the agency.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implements, and ensures policies and procedures in accordance with contract, licensing and accreditation standards for all program services
- Act as the programs clinical lead, including ensuring all program components are trauma informed and support the overarching and specific treatment goals of the youth served.
- Ensures that clinical and risk management protocols for youth are employed.
- Ensures appropriate utilization and quality management of programs, including development of program specific PQI indicators and identification of problem/trends and practical solutions.
- Maintains the fiscal integrity of programs through efficient resource utilization
- Works with V. P. of Education of Education to integrate communication, staff and program elements to create a comprehensive approach to care for clients
- Collaborates with members of leadership team to provide a continuum of services within the Agency
- Regularly briefs the VP of Campus Milieu Services on the clinical, operational, and fiscal functions of the programs and as needed works with CEO and President to expand, enhance or develop related program services
- Identifies and implements training, mentoring, coaching, supervision or other competency enhancing steps to ensure quality necessary to implement shelter services.
- Acts as a liaison with CSSD and other stakeholders to maintain a positive working relationship
- Provides supervision, mentoring and coaching for key staff for the development, evaluation, supervision and training of program staff, growth and quality of programs
- Ensures program meets identified utilization as well as LOS requirements.
- Reviews CQI data, makes recommendations for modifications of program services to the V.P. of Campus Milieu Services based on program effectiveness/safety.
- Oversees that all documentation both clinical and milieu are completed in accordance with state and federal standards.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in systems wide issues through appropriate Behavioral Health forums/meetings on State wide basis as well as Community and local levels, such as System Collaborative.
- Hires and evaluates Program Manager/Coordinators, Clinical staff as well as ensures appropriate evaluation process for all staff and approves the hiring and termination of all program staff.
- Ensures that DCF and Boys & Girls Village Leadership is notified of any allegations of abuse and/or neglect of children in care
- Completes all necessary reporting to CSSD
- Responsible for implementation of an on-call system
- Carries out other job-related duties as necessary.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, MFT, LPC or higher with license in mental health field
- Minimum 5-years supervisory experience as Master’s level
- Must demonstrate or have proven ability to organize professional staff, understand and accept Agency Mission and Vision
- Knowledge and experience in delivery of intensive pediatric behavioral health services, including milieu based services or an equivalent
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish desired
- Knowledge of the treatment of youth with Problem Sexual Behavior
- Experience with implementation and application of trauma informed treatment
- Direct supervision of Program/Milieu Manager, Clinical Staff and Program nurse
- Oversees supervision for all staff in REGIONS
- Must be in sufficient physical condition to interact on regular basis with various programs/staff, including passing TCI training and participating in client restraints if necessary
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT
- Valid Connecticut Driver License and ability to drive off site to state wide meetings
- Flexible work schedule to include occasional nights and weekends
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Boys & Girls Village takes pride in the supportive, team-oriented work environment we offer to current and prospective employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, short and long-term disability, a retirement plan and generous vacation benefits. In addition, it is our goal to assure that the highest quality of care is provided to our clients by our competent, committed employees. To that end, we encourage professional development through our tuition reimbursement program and promote continued growth through various learning opportunities.
Boys & Girls Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We accept resumes on an ongoing basis. Due to the large volume of resumes that we receive, we kindly ask that you do not inquire via telephone about the status of your resume. You can be assured that if you do not hear from us, your resume will be held on file for future consideration.
PLEASE NOTE:Due to the Department of Children & Families regulations, we are prohibited from hiring anyone with a pending charges or convictions of assault or a violent crime; risk of injury to a minor; impairing the morals of a child; physical or sexual abuse, possession; use or sale of a controlled substance; similar crimes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.