LOCATION: Milford, CT
- Oversees and performs projects to BGV’s standard procedures and by building’s operational schedule.
- Oversees and performs the implementation, repair and upkeep of all BGV properties.
- Supports Facilities Director to help ensure work orders and vehicle maintenance orders are completed
- Assist with the management and reporting of progress on Agency projects related to Facilities.
- Ensures maintenance procedures are implemented.
- Carry out inspections of the facilities to identify and proactively resolve issues.
- Check electrical and hydraulic systems of buildings to ensure functionality.
- Determine materials, tools, and sequence of work to be performed.
- Estimates and orders materials and supplies.
- Supervises the Maintenance crew, residence housekeeper and porters, which includes scheduling and conducting performance reviews.
- Order and monitor all agency supplies.
Establish priorities for own workload based upon such factors as needed for immediate action, work objectives, work schedule, knowledge of future needs, etc
- High School degree.
- 5-8 years’ experience of plumbing and electrical systems as well as carpentry and other crafts.
- Working knowledge of facility machines and equipment.
- Experience using various hand tools and power tools in making preventative maintenance and minor repairs and maintaining grounds and walks.
- 5 years of proven experience supervising staff and managing facility operations.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to relate to students, staff and public in a courteous manner.
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours as needed, for example during off hour emergencies.
- Ability to get to work in all forms of weather as this role is considered “essential” to the operations of the business. You are classified as an essential worker
- Experience with Smartsheets
PURPOSE/FUNCTION OF PROGRAM:
Boys & Girls Village offers an array of services for children and their families. The services range from highly structured sub-acute services on campus to intensive intervention and care in the home and community. The function of the Facilities Department is to provide and maintain resources necessary for the Agency to run effectively and efficiently.
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Boys & Girls Village (BGV) takes pride in the supportive, team-oriented environment we offer to our employees.
FOR YOUR HEALTH & WELLBEING
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, including an option that is free to employees. Currently using United HealthCare
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Free annual flu shots
- Wellness workshops
FOR YOUR FUTURE
- a 401K plan with employer contributions
- Company paid life and AD&D insurance, short and long-term disability.
FOR CAREER DEVELOPMENT
- A tuition reimbursement program and free licensing supervision.
- Partnership with CT Non-Profit Alliance for 10%-20% tuition discounts at participating universities
- Training and development opportunities (Including CEU’s)
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Qualified Public Student Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Employer
FOR WORK-LIFE BALANCE
- Competitive salaries, with increased compensation for Bi-lingual in Spanish staff
- Generous benefit time, including vacation, sick, and personal time
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)- Free and confidential counseling for employee and family
- Remote interview process offered
- Personal protective equipment provided and required
- Plastic shields at work stations
- Temperature screening at all entrances
- Social distance guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, Disinfecting, & Cleaning procedures in place
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.