Family Recruitment & Development Specialist
LOCATION: Milford, CT
At Boys & Girls Village, we understand that children and families are the cornerstones of our society. Since 1942, it has been our mission to preserve and strengthen family bonds. As a leader in services for troubled youth and their families, we continually strive to develop a seamless continuum of care. Boys & Girls Village offers an array of services for children and their families. These services range from highly structured sub-acute services on campus to intensive intervention and care in the home and the community. Our broad range of programs and services are designed to work collaboratively with families, state and local agencies, and other community providers.
PURPOSE/FUNCTION OF THE PROGRAM:
The Therapeutic Foster Care program trains, recruits, approves, and supports foster/adoptive parents. The TFC program is an intensive, structured, clinical level of care provided to children with serious emotional disturbance within a safe and nurturing family environment. The program provides care management services to children ages 6-17 with the purpose of stabilizing and/ or ameliorating a child’s mental/ behavioral health issues, facilitating children’s timely and successful transition into permanent placements, and achieving individualized goals.
The Family Recruitment & Development Specialist assists in the recruitment, approval of, and training of foster parents for the TFC program. The Family Recruitment & Development Specialist position collaborates with program staff and other community providers to support the approved families with BGV in their parenting ability. This position will cultivate and maintain relationships with a variety of community organizations, group & entities to aid with the development of perspective foster families that are able to meet the social- emotional behavioral and permanency needs of the children served in TFC.
This position will also assist the Resource Family Recruiter with providing continuous recruitment services throughout Waterbury, Bridgeport, and New Haven regions in order to raise awareness, and develop foster family resources for children and/or youth who require care due to abuse, neglect, or other at-risk factors.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Completes Home Study Assessments. Upon approval/availability of a family, develop a Foster Family Profile which is given to DCF for matching purposes.
• Make a minimum of quarterly in-home contacts with approved families that do not have placements to ensure their homes are regulatory compliant. Such contacts must be documented in the family file/electronic record.
• Facilitate support groups
• Assists in completion of Home Studies, facilitation of MAPP and Post training, and maintains curriculum for training topics
• Provide instruction, literature, videotapes, internet, and other teaching tools to approved foster families in the TFC program
• Attend internal and external placement planning meetings
• Carry a caseload of child specific recruitment and assessment and recommendation for placement.
• Completes approval and re- approvals of TFC families including expediting all background check paperwork and regulatory compliance issues
• Monitors and completes emergency placement requests for TFC placement in BGV home as needed
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Participates in Foster Parent advisory committee with recruiters
• Participates in screening of prospective foster parents
• As needed, provides supports/advocates for services to improve youth and family satisfaction
• Completes all required agency trainings, documentation, etc. Within required time frames.
• Perform additional duties as assigned in order to deliver seamless services throughout the agency
• Provide care management of TFC placements on an interim basis as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field
• Knowledge of the foster care system and State of CT foster care regulations
• Evening and occasional weekends are required
• Must have a valid driver’s license and be willing to drive to off-campus sites, travel to various communities and collaborative meetings
• Master’s degree in Social Work or related field
• Experience as a trainer and/or experience with public speaking
• Knowledge of COA, PQI, and computer information systems
• Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred
• Must be able to climb several flights of stairs
• Must be able to work with clients in a variety of settings, including client’s homes
• Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT:
• Evening and occasional weekends are required
• Ability to be flexible with workday which could range between the hours of 9am to 9pm varying week to week
• Access to reliable transportation
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Boys & Girls Village takes pride in the supportive, team-oriented work environment we offer to current and prospective employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, short and long-term disability, a retirement plan and generous vacation benefits. In addition, it is our goal to assure that the highest quality of care is provided to our clients by our competent, committed employees. To that end, we encourage professional development through our tuition reimbursement program and promote continued growth through various learning opportunities.
Boys & Girls Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We accept resumes on an ongoing basis. Due to the large volume of resumes that we receive, we kindly ask that you do not inquire via telephone about the status of your resume. You can be assured that if you do not hear from us, your resume will be held on file for future consideration.
Please Note: Due to the Department of Children & Families regulations, we are prohibited from hiring anyone with a pending charges or convictions of assault or a violent crime; risk of injury to a minor; impairing the morals of a child; physical or sexual abuse, possession; use or sale of a controlled substance; similar crimes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.