Family Worker - IFP
Location: Bridgeport, CT
- BGV is seeking a Bachelor’s level Family Support Worker
- Increased compensation for Bi-lingual Spanish speaking candidates
- Carries a caseload of 5 families providing a minimum of 2 home visits per week for the first four weeks and a minimum of 1 visit per week for the remaining weeks of service.
- Through case management, identify helping families meet their basic needs and make referrals on behalf of the families to needed resources and services in the community. Provide assistance and guidance in order to assist caregiver with their basic needs (i.e. transportation, housing and nutrition).
- Assess the family’s ability to keep the children safe and identify trauma triggers and the impact that trauma has on the family and parenting style. Refer the family to trauma informed services as needed.
- Review safety concerns and risk factors that may impact child safety. Develop safety and crisis plans and update continuously. Assess family functioning, the parent’s skills and their motivation to change. Identify family resources and formal/informal supports and assist with their integration into supporting the family.
- Create individualized service plan using the NCFAS-G and PFS within 30 days of initiating in home services that address safety concerns; child specific issues; caregivers’ cognitive limitations; housing, education employment and transportation issues; partner or domestic violence and behavioral or substance use issues.
- Bachelor’s in social work or related mental health field with a minimum of three (3) years’ work experience with providing home-based services to children and families.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
PURPOSE/FUNCTION OF THE PROGRAM:
The Intensive Family Preservation Program (IFP) is an intensive in-home program designed to prevent the placement of children who have been exposed to child abuse and/or neglect. The program provides home-based case management, crisis-intervention, parenting education, advocacy, coordination with community providers, assistance with concrete needs and linkages to community resources.
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Boys & Girls Village (BGV) takes pride in the supportive, team-oriented environment we offer to our employees.
- Competitive salaries, with increased compensation for Bi-lingual in Spanish staff
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits, including an option that is free to employees.
- Life insurance, short and long-term disability
- a 401K plan with employer contributions
- Generous benefit time
- A tuition reimbursement program and free licensing supervision.
We are an equal opportunity employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.