LOCATION: Milford, CT
At Boys & Girls Village, we understand that children and families are the cornerstones of our society. Since 1942, it has been our mission to preserve and strengthen family bonds. As a leader in services for troubled youth and their families, we continually strive to develop a seamless continuum of care. Boys & Girls Village offers an array of services for children and their families. These services range from highly structured sub-acute services on campus to intensive intervention and care in the home and the community. Our broad range of programs and services are designed to work collaboratively with families, state and local agencies, and other community providers.
PURPOSE/FUNCTION OF PROGRAM:
Boys & Girls Village offers an array of services for at-risk children and their families. The services include a comprehensive range of behavioral health services including clinical treatment, therapeutic day school, permanency planning, vocational, delivered from multiple locations. The Human resources department plays a pivotal role in the development and implementation of the agency’s strategic plan. The Human Resources Department interacts with all agency staff including all leadership and management to hire, develop and engage our talent.
II. POSITION OVERVIEW:
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with other members of the HR team supporting the overall mission of the organization. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, HRIS, workers compensation and training compliance.
III. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain Paylocity HR modules to include hiring employees.
• Performs benefits administration, including claims resolution, COBRA, change reporting and communicating benefits information to employees.
• Responds to employee requests regarding benefits.
• Processes worker’s compensation claims, payments and maintains OSHA log.
• Coordinate health, life and disability insurance enrollments and communicates with service providers concerning routine administration.
• Reconcile/validate employee data entry to ensure data integrity, and support routine reporting requests. This includes running monthly reports.
• Keep employee digital records up-to-date by maintaining the HRIS system in a timely fashion.
• Responsible for the maintenance of the training system (Relias) for employee training to include adding new courses, enrolling new hires and assigning required courses, and running monthly reports to ensure compliance training.
• Coordinates benefits administration to include ensuring new hires enroll on time, reviewing insurance bills for accuracy and assisting employees with any issue. Responsible for open enrollment.
• Performs staff trainings as it relates to system training, benefits and other trainings as assigned.
• Manages the performance management system to include assigning reviews and assisting managers with Paylocity technical support.
• Work with managers to ensure that annual performance reviews and merit increases are conducted and processed in a timely basis, including creating and updating review templates.
• Run reports for quarterly HR Dashboard.
• Prepares for DCF, COA and all regulatory licensing audits.
• Completes additional projects as needed.
IV. ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS:
• Bachelor’s degree is required.
• Minimum of 3 years HR experience.
• Must be organized and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills are necessary.
• Must be familiar with Excel, Microsoft Office, HRIS and business-related software.
• Must be able to handle highly sensitive and confidential information in a discreet manner.
V. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Experience with Paylocity or similar HRIS.
VI. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
VII. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Must be able to lift 10 pounds
• Must be able to get up and down stairs and travel around campus to visit all client groups
VIII. WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT:
• Standard office environment
• Exposure to all types of weather when moving between buildings
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Boys & Girls Village takes pride in the supportive, team-oriented work environment we offer to current and prospective employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, short and long-term disability, a retirement plan and generous vacation benefits. In addition, it is our goal to assure that the highest quality of care is provided to our clients by our competent, committed employees. To that end, we encourage professional development through our tuition reimbursement program and promote continued growth through various learning opportunities.
Boys & Girls Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We accept resumes on an ongoing basis. Due to the large volume of resumes that we receive, we kindly ask that you do not inquire via telephone about the status of your resume. You can be assured that if you do not hear from us, your resume will be held on file for future consideration.
Due to the Department of Children & Families regulations, we are prohibited from hiring anyone with a pending charges or convictions of assault or a violent crime; risk of injury to a minor; impairing the morals of a child; physical or sexual abuse, possession; use or sale of a controlled substance; similar crimes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.