LOCATION: Milford, CT
At Boys & Girls Village, we understand that children and families are the cornerstones of our society. Since 1942, it has been our mission to preserve and strengthen family bonds. As a leader in services for troubled youth and their families, we continually strive to develop a seamless continuum of care. Boys & Girls Village offers an array of services for children and their families. These services range from highly structured sub-acute services on campus to intensive intervention and care in the home and the community. Our broad range of programs and services are designed to work collaboratively with families, state and local agencies, and other community providers.
I. PURPOSE/FUNCTION OF PROGRAM:
Boys & Girls Village offers an array of services for at-risk children and their families. The services include a comprehensive range of behavioral health services including clinical treatment, therapeutic day school, permanency planning, vocational, delivered from multiple locations. The Human resources department plays a pivotal role in the development and implementation of the agency’s strategic plan. The Human Resources Department interacts with all agency staff including all leadership and management to hire, develop and engage our talent.
II. POSITION OVERVIEW:
The HR Manager is responsible for the implementation of the Human Resources process for the agency. This includes but it not limited to the oversight of recruitment and hiring practices, employee relations, benefits, administering employee data via the HRIS and owning other employee issues as needed. The HR Manager will assist with organizational development to include coaching. This position oversees the development and implementation of the agency’s mandated training programs as required by licensing and accrediting bodies and agency-wide or program-specific trainings, and in-services as identified. The HR Manager designs various individualized staff development plans to ensure the agency goals related to staff engagement, morale, and performance are met.
III. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist with all components of talent management and process improvement options for the recruiting process to reduce turnover and increase efficiencies.
• Oversee the Benefits administration to include Health, FMLA, STD, LTD, Life Insurance, 401K and Workers Compensation.
• As needed, processes workers compensation injuries and manages unemployment claims.
• Works with Director of HR and HR team to implement agency training programs.
• Acts as internal consultant on Human Resource policies and other HR-related issues.
• Assist with employee relations counseling and investigations.
• Assist Director of HR with organizational development to include consulting and succession planning.
• Develops strategies to reduce staff turnover and increase employee engagement.
• Implement competency based hiring practices to broaden the applicant pool.
• Works with hiring managers to ensure compliance with all federal/state laws and regulations, including affirmative action plan compliance.
• Oversees the functions of the HR Recruiter/Training Specialist and HR Generalist.
• Structures and implements Agency yearly training curriculum and certification/licensure training.
• Collaborates with Managers and supervisors to assist them in managing performance to include the 90 day review, the annual review and ongoing support and coaching to improve both their and their individual team member personnel performance through development of training programs, individualized employee development plans, performance improvement plans and coaching as necessary.
• Engages with COA, DCF and other state agencies and accrediting bodies to identify, develop and implement appropriate staff trainings as may be required.
• Oversees the training system (Relias) to ensure that course requirements are up to date and monitor staff compliance with all training requirements. Works with Program Directors to address delinquencies.
IV. OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develops in coordination with Director of HR and deploys employee engagement strategies
including surveys and other projects as necessary or requested; collates and analyzes data for presentation to stakeholders.
• Assists in the development of HR policies and procedures.
• Carries out other job-related duties as directed by Director of Human Resources.
V. ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS:
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in related field
• Minimum of 5 years HR generalist and Employee Relations experience with 3 years experience
In Organizational Development
• Supervisory experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work as a team member
• Strong training, presentation and organizational skills
• Needs assessments skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications, including Excel
VI. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Master’s in Human Resources or HR certification
• Strong project management and team/leadership skills
VII. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
• HR Generalist and Recruiter/Training Specialist
VIII. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Must be able to travel between campus buildings and to a variety of settings
IX. WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT:
• Must have a valid driver’s license and be willing to drive to BGV off campus sites, recruiting events and collaborative meetings.
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Boys & Girls Village takes pride in the supportive, team-oriented work environment we offer to current and prospective employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, short and long-term disability, a retirement plan and generous vacation benefits. In addition, it is our goal to assure that the highest quality of care is provided to our clients by our competent, committed employees. To that end, we encourage professional development through our tuition reimbursement program and promote continued growth through various learning opportunities.
Boys & Girls Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We accept resumes on an ongoing basis. Due to the large volume of resumes that we receive, we kindly ask that you do not inquire via telephone about the status of your resume. You can be assured that if you do not hear from us, your resume will be held on file for future consideration.
PLEASE NOTE:Due to the Department of Children & Families regulations, we are prohibited from hiring anyone with a pending charges or convictions of assault or a violent crime; risk of injury to a minor; impairing the morals of a child; physical or sexual abuse, possession; use or sale of a controlled substance; similar crimes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.