Job Coach- Teens
Location: Bridgeport, CT
- BGV is seeking a bachelor’s level Job Coach
- Working in our vocational program with teens ages 16-21
- Provides direct case management and support in goal achievement for up to 16 youth
- Responsible for maintaining documentation, paperwork and record keeping in accordance with state, federal and BGV policies
- Develop, implement, and review service plans for each youth ensuring that the goals/objectives are reflected in daily activities
- Participate in the program’s planning, implementation, and ongoing review to encourage development growth
- Oversee all operations of the youth run business efforts by supporting youth efforts, providing supervision and training as needed
- Provide life skills assessment and training as well as job readiness and vocational training, in both individual and group settings
- Support and supervise youth efforts in establishing and maintaining an active youth board
- Bachelor’s in social work or related mental health field with a minimum of three (3) years’ work experience with providing home-based services to children and families.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Flexible work schedule, some evenings and some weekends
- Ability to be available by phone during non-regular working hours
PURPOSE/FUNCTION OF THE PROGRAM:
The Work to Learn Program designed to approach the Work to Learn Model that recognizes eight main areas of need for young people ages 16-21. The program will serve young people from 16-18, who are committed to DCF custody, and age 19-21, committed or previously committed to DCF custody. The eight main areas the Work to Learn Program will focus on are: Permanence, Employment, Education, Personal/Community Engagement, Life Skills, Housing, Physical and Mental Health as well as Financial and Social Capital.
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Boys & Girls Village (BGV) takes pride in the supportive, team-oriented environment we offer to our employees.
FOR YOUR HEALTH & WELLBEING
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, including an option that is free to employees. Currently using United HealthCare
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Free annual flu shots
- Wellness workshops
FOR YOUR FUTURE
- a 401K plan with employer contributions
- Company paid life and AD&D insurance, short and long-term disability.
FOR CAREER DEVELOPMENT
- A tuition reimbursement program and free licensing supervision.
- Partnership with CT Non-Profit Alliance for tuition discounts at participating universities
- Training and development opportunities
FOR WORK-LIFE BALANCE
- Competitive salaries, with increased compensation for Bi-lingual in Spanish staff
- Generous benefit time, including vacation, sick, and personal time
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)- Free and confidential counseling for employee and family
- Remote interview process offered
- Personal protective equipment provided and required
- Plastic shields at work stations
- Temperature screening at all entrances
- Social distance guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, Disinfecting, & Cleaning procedures in place
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.