Lead Maintenance Technician
LOCATION: Milford, CT
Boys & Girls Village
- BGV is seeking a Lead Maintenance Technician with a high school diploma and valid driver’s license.
- Experience in residential maintenance a plus
The Lead Maintenance Technician is responsible for general maintenance and upkeep of agency buildings, grounds, vehicles, and equipment and performs all duties required to ensure the purpose and function of the Facilities Department. This includes but, is not limited to repairs related to general carpentry, electrical, low voltage, HVAC, and mechanical needs. Grounds are expected to be landscaped and kept free of debris, snow, and ice. Experience in snow removal and equipment for such is required. This position is considered “essential” to the agency operations.
- Ensures work is performed to standard procedures and by building’s operational schedule.
- Performs the installation, repair and upkeep of all BGV properties.
- Ensures all projects are completed in a timely manner according to all applicable safety rules and procedures.
- Helps to develop maintenance procedures and their implementation
- Assist with preparation for any facility inspections to identify and resolve issues.
- Identify materials, tools, and order of work to be performed.
- Notifies Facilities Manager of any needed materials, supplies, potential safety hazards and opportunities for improvement
- Help supervise the Maintenance crew, residence housekeeper and porters at the direction of the Facilities Manager
- Establish priorities for own workload based upon such factors as needed for immediate action, work objectives, work schedule, knowledge of future needs, etc.
- Monitor equipment inventory and alert FM when orders when necessary.
- Maintain service logs and report on daily activities related but, not limited to any repairs, replacement or construction of doors, windows, walls, hardware, flooring, ceilings and furniture
- Maintains and grooms landscaping and grounds
- Clears snow from parking areas, entrances, and walkways
- High School Diploma is required.
- Must have valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule which could include evenings and weekends
PURPOSE/FUNCTION OF PROGRAM:
Boys & Girls Village offers an array of services for children and their families. The services range from highly structured sub-acute services on campus to intensive intervention and care in the home and community. The function of the Facilities Department is to provide and maintain resources necessary for the Agency to run effectively and efficiently.
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Boys & Girls Village (BGV) takes pride in the supportive, team-oriented environment we offer to our employees.
FOR YOUR HEALTH & WELLBEING
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, including an option that is free to employees. Currently using United HealthCare
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Free annual flu shots
- Wellness workshops
FOR YOUR FUTURE
- a 401K plan with employer contributions
- Company paid life and AD&D insurance, short and long-term disability.
FOR CAREER DEVELOPMENT
- A tuition reimbursement program and free licensing supervision.
- Partnership with CT Non-Profit Alliance for tuition discounts at participating universities
- Training and development opportunities
FOR WORK-LIFE BALANCE
- Competitive salaries, with increased compensation for Bi-lingual in Spanish staff
- Generous benefit time, including vacation, sick, and personal time
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)- Free and confidential counseling for employee and family
- Remote interview process offered
- Personal protective equipment provided and required
- Plastic shields at work stations
- Temperature screening at all entrances
- Social distance guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, Disinfecting, & Cleaning procedures in place
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.