MDFT Program Manager
LOCATION: Norwalk, CT
At Boys & Girls Village, we understand that children and families are the cornerstones of our society. Since 1942, it has been our mission to preserve and strengthen family bonds. As a leader in services for troubled youth and their families, we continually strive to develop a seamless continuum of care. Boys & Girls Village offers an array of services for children and their families. These services range from highly structured sub-acute services on campus to intensive intervention and care in the home and the community. Our broad range of programs and services are designed to work collaboratively with families, state and local agencies, and other community providers.
I. PURPOSE/FUNCTION OF THE PROGRAM:
The MDFT program is a family focused, ecologically oriented evidence-based model effective in the treatment of children/adolescents between the ages of 9 and 18 with substance abuse and/or dependence issues, or with disruptive behaviors and/or comorbid psychiatric issues who are at risk for substance abuse. MDFT is designed to reduce the influence of factors that place a child/adolescent at risk for substance abuse while strengthening the presence of protective factors, such as supporting a positive parent-child relationship.
II. POSITION SUMMARY:
The Program Manager is a licensed masters level mental health professional who directs and supervises the professional and administrative activities of the therapists and therapist assistants according to the MDFT model and consistent with contractual, licensing and payer obligations/requirements. The Program Manager will provide direct service as needed.
III. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides 10 hours of clinical supervision for each MDFT team.
This includes a weekly case conference with all therapists at one time where supervisor provides consultation on at least one case per therapist, weekly individual supervision with each therapist, monthly live supervision and bi-weekly video-tape review with each therapist.
• Responsible for intake and case assignment and maintain staff schedules
• Provides coverage for therapists or assistants as needed
• Responsible for collecting and maintaining client and program information to meet DCF and MDFT reporting and evaluation requirements.
• Manages day to day operations of the MDFT Program, including program design/function, intake/triage, group scheduling, staff supervision, and other situations affecting management of clinical care
• Informs Director of issues/concerns regarding effective delivery of clinical services including critical incidents.
• Demonstrates understanding of and adherence to the MDFT model, and shows fidelity to all contract, certification, and licensing requirements. They agree to adhere to quality assurance and training protocol for supervisors and therapists as stipulated by DCF and MDFT model developers.
• Oversees the gathering and completion of all QI and DCF required measures, e.g., Ohio, GAIN-Q, PIE and MDFT portal
• Ensures that staff are providing services consistent with Boys & Girls Village standards
• Maximize program utilization, and ensure appropriate billing of services
• Must be able to work on site 40 hours per week, provide 24/7 on call support. Maintain a flexible work schedule.
• Oversees and completes chart audits to ensure that documentation is complete and clinically appropriate, including treatment plans, admission evaluations, progress notes, and discharge summaries.
• Ensures the documentation of all services in adherence with state statures, regulatory, billing, COA standards and Boys & Girls Village Standards.
• Becomes certified as a supervisor in MDFT within required time frame and re-certified yearly
• Will attend all consultations and booster trainings.
IV. OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Arranges for and attends clinical rounds and team meetings of program.
• Run weekly clinical rounds with psychiatrist or designee
• Participates in all required trainings, network meetings, DCF reviews, etc.
• Prevent, intervene and report instances of child abuse or neglect.
• Maintains regular contact with regional DCF gatekeeper(s) regarding current status of program including anticipated availability for future placements and attend DCF reviews for the program.
• Other duties as assigned to insure the effective operation of the program.
V. ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS:
• Must possess a LCSW or equivalent, have at least three years experience of which at least two years have been supervising direct care staff.
• Must have significant knowledge of diverse populations served by the program and short-term treatment methodologies. Must demonstrate the ability to collaborate effectively with other agencies and to promote team building with staff.
VI. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Experience using Cognitive-Behavioral/Structural/Strategic Family Therapies
• Bi-lingual (English/Spanish)
VII. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for weekly supervision of therapists and therapist assistants
• Reviews service and treatment plans of all active cases to insure appropriateness of care and compliance with agency, contract, accreditation and licensing standards.
• Participates in completion of performance appraisal for evaluation process.
VIII. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Must be able to climb several flights of stairs
• Must be able to work with clients in a variety of settings
IX. WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT
• Evening and occasional weekends are required
• Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record as well as access to use of a reliable automobile.
• Ability to be flexible with work schedule
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Boys & Girls Village takes pride in the supportive, team-oriented work environment we offer to current and prospective employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, short and long-term disability, a retirement plan and generous vacation benefits. In addition, it is our goal to assure that the highest quality of care is provided to our clients by our competent, committed employees. To that end, we encourage professional development through our tuition reimbursement program and promote continued growth through various learning opportunities.
Boys & Girls Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We accept resumes on an ongoing basis. Due to the large volume of resumes that we receive, we kindly ask that you do not inquire via telephone about the status of your resume. You can be assured that if you do not hear from us, your resume will be held on file for future consideration.
Due to the Department of Children & Families regulations, we are prohibited from hiring anyone with a pending charges or convictions of assault or a violent crime; risk of injury to a minor; impairing the morals of a child; physical or sexual abuse, possession; use or sale of a controlled substance; similar crimes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.