School Administrative Assistant
- PURPOSE/FUNCTION OF PROGRAM:
The Charles F. Hayden School is committed to serving children through a psycho-educational, clinically informed therapeutic milieu. Collaborative educational planning and placement teams including families and district personnel design Individualized Educational Programs (IEP) for every student
- POSITION SUMMARY:
The School Administrative Assistant role helps ensure a safe, structured, orderly milieu. They implement, track, and monitor processes/procedures needed for the effective functioning of the school. Key areas include: tracking and monitoring the student referral process, maintaining student attendance records, communicating regularly with local school districts, scheduling PPT’s, etc. This position is responsible for keeping the Educational Milieu Managers updated in regard to overall status of completion of processes as well as to recommend processes or systems that would further enhance the overall functioning of the milieu.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Completes administrative tasks such as documenting meeting minutes, making photo copies, etc.
- Tracks school staff Relias and other trainings and updates supervisors regarding deficiencies.
- Tracks the completion of Incident Reports in Carelogic and collaborates with QA to ensure accuracy.
- Manages and maintains necessary documentation such as restraint reports and DCF reports in order to adhere to CSDE, CSSD and DCF policy.
- Coordinates and monitors the monthly reports for the vehicles used by School staff.
- Attends weekly supervision and agency committees as assigned.
- Coordinate early dismissal staffing rotation to REGIONS and Safe Haven
- Completes daily Carelogic alert audits for all school staff and others as assigned.
- Provides coverage and back up for School Administrative Assistant and Front desk as needed.
- Assists Managers in managing payroll and coordinates with Business Office.
- Responsible for entering and transferring student user names and passwords in Power School.
- Assists in tracking student attendance and sending to proper authorities and bus assignments.
- Make telephone calls to transportation providers, families, and school districts as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS:
- Experience in administrative tasks in a public or private school setting
- Must be organized and have good communication skills
- Computer literate in Microsoft Suite
- High school diploma
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, working with youth.
V. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bi-lingual in Spanish
- Bachelor’s degree
VI. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to climb stairs
- Complete TCI training
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.