Boys & Girls Village
- BGV is seeking a Registered Nurse to work directly with adolescent boys in our residency programs.
- Must be a Registered Nurse for the State of Connecticut who graduated from an accredited school of nursing
The Milieu Nurse provides nursing services and administers medication as needed. The milieu nurse is also responsible for directly engaging with youth in care and assisting them in developing adaptive living skills.
- Provide a safe, orderly and nurturing living experience for children in care.
- Determines, assesses, and provides medical care as permitted under state license and program policies and procedures
- Administers medication as scheduled by Program Nurse and prescribed by medical staff.
- Takes direct charge of any medical emergencies
- Communicate and educate the mental health workers regarding any medical issues, medication administration, medical policy and procedures, and universal precautions.
- Provides monitoring, assessment, and documentation of all emergency safety interventions (restraints/escorts)
- Must be a Registered Nurse for the State of Connecticut who graduated from an accredited school of nursing.
- Ability to deal with crisis situations; implement behavior modification programs; maintain appropriate boundaries; and work as a team member.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
PURPOSE/FUNCTION OF PROGRAM:
The residential programs provide home-like environments with a therapeutic based milieu for male adolescents with a rehabilitation and treatment focus. The program is designed to reduce risk and recidivism and will take the lead on assisting the adolescent, family and stakeholders with the youth’s transition plan back into the community.
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Boys & Girls Village (BGV) takes pride in the supportive, team-oriented environment we offer to our employees.
FOR YOUR HEALTH & WELLBEING
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, including an option that is free to employees. Currently using United HealthCare
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Free annual flu shots
- Wellness workshops
FOR YOUR FUTURE
- a 401K plan with employer contributions
- Company paid life and AD&D insurance, short and long-term disability.
FOR CAREER DEVELOPMENT
- A tuition reimbursement program and free licensing supervision.
- Partnership with CT Non-Profit Alliance for tuition discounts at participating universities
- Training and development opportunities
FOR WORK-LIFE BALANCE
- Competitive salaries, with increased compensation for Bi-lingual in Spanish staff
- Generous benefit time, including vacation, sick, and personal time
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)- Free and confidential counseling for employee and family
- Remote interview process offered
- Personal protective equipment provided and required
- Plastic shields at work stations
- Temperature screening at all entrances
- Social distance guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, Disinfecting, & Cleaning procedures in place
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.