Residential Milieu Supervisor
- BGV is seeking a qualified Milieu Supervisor to work directly with adolescent boys in our residency programs.
- Must have experience working in a residential setting
The Milieu Supervisor manages the milieu ensuring a safe, clean, structured, and orderly unit where therapeutic programming and behavior management can be implemented. Supervisors are responsible for ensuring the processes are completed in accordance with BGV policies and procedures. They are responsible for providing supervision to the mental health workers and assisting them in providing a nurturing environment. Provide a safe, orderly and nurturing living experience for children in care.
- Provides a safe, orderly and nurturing living experience for the children in care.
- Oversees the implementation of all processes, policies, procedures and behavior management
- Participates in the orientation, training, and daily supervision of all mental health workers
- Completes staff observations as assigned and evaluations of mental health workers
- Works with the clinical team to ensure that all relevant information is shared with mental health workers.
- Ensures the program maintains appropriate staff/client ratios (3:1 during wake hours, 4:1 during sleep) to meet the needs of the clients in care while taking steps to minimize overtime
- Coordinates with the Administrative Assistant/Milieu Coordinator to arrange for relief staff as needed due to call outs/other scheduling needs
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or related field or an Associates with at least 3 years of experience working with a psychiatric population or children in congregate care
- Ability to deal with crisis situations; implement behavior modification programs; maintain appropriate boundaries; and work as a team member.
- Must display effective communication skills in working with children, families, and other staff
- Must fulfill competency-based training requirements in TCI and other Behavioral Support Models
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- As essential staff, you must be able to work outside normal business hours, if needed (ie. evenings, weekends and holidays). This role is considered and classified as “essential” to the operations of the Agency
PURPOSE/FUNCTION OF PROGRAM:
The residential programs provide home-like environments with a therapeutic based milieu for male adolescents with a rehabilitation and treatment focus. The program is designed to reduce risk and recidivism and will take the lead on assisting the adolescent, family and stakeholders with the youth’s transition plan back into the community.
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Boys & Girls Village (BGV) takes pride in the supportive, team-oriented environment we offer to our employees.
FOR YOUR HEALTH & WELLBEING
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, including an option that is free to employees. Currently using United HealthCare
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Free annual flu shots
- Wellness workshops
FOR YOUR FUTURE
- a 401K plan with employer contributions
- Company paid life and AD&D insurance, short and long-term disability.
FOR CAREER DEVELOPMENT
- A tuition reimbursement program and free licensing supervision.
- Partnership with CT Non-Profit Alliance for tuition discounts at participating universities
- Training and development opportunities
FOR WORK-LIFE BALANCE
- Competitive salaries, with increased compensation for Bi-lingual in Spanish staff
- Generous benefit time, including vacation, sick, and personal time
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)- Free and confidential counseling for employee and family
- Remote interview process offered
- Personal protective equipment provided and required
- Plastic shields at work stations
- Temperature screening at all entrances
- Social distance guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, Disinfecting, & Cleaning procedures in place
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.