Outpatient Clinician- Part Time
LOCATION: Bridgeport, CT
At Boys & Girls Village, we understand that children and families are the cornerstones of our society. Since 1942, it has been our mission to preserve and strengthen family bonds. As a leader in services for troubled youth and their families, we continually strive to develop a seamless continuum of care. Boys & Girls Village offers an array of services for children and their families. These services range from highly structured sub-acute services on campus to intensive intervention and care in the home and the community. Our broad range of programs and services are designed to work collaboratively with families, state and local agencies, and other community providers.
PURPOSE/FUNCTION OF THE PROGRAM:
The purpose of Boys & Girls Village Outpatient Program is to provide an outpatient level of care for our clients with emphasis on problem sexual behavior and trauma victims. Comprehensive psychosexual evaluations, therapy for youth with problem sexual behavior, TF-CBT, and partnering with other agencies to provide treatment in offsite locations such as the juvenile training school or the Center for Family Justice is part of the scope of services.
Provide clinical services to individuals and families. Emphasis is on providing treatment for problem sexual behavior youth whether on-site in Bridgeport or at an alternative facility such as CJTS. Also provides evidence based treatments such as CF-TSI or TF-CBT for trauma victims and may work off-site with other programs to provide comprehensive metal health services to their clients.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provides therapy to individuals, family, or group.
- Completes psychosexual evaluations
- Documents and evaluates all services and procedures to be in adherence with state statutes, COA standards, and Boys & Girls Village Standards.
- Knowledgeable of medical necessity and documents accordingly
- Completes training for evidence based treatment and for working with clients with problem sexual behavior
- Participates in weekly supervision
- Assesses clinical needs of children and families
- Maximizes program utilization
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Collaborates with all service providers involved with child and family.
- Prevents, intervenes and reports instances of child abuse or neglect.
- Keeps Supervisor apprised of any and all situations that involve the safety of any individuals in the program or community, to monitor the impact on the agency as well as its mission of care for children and families.
- Consults with psychiatrist/APRN as needed.
- Performs additional duties as assigned in order to deliver seamless services throughout the agency.
Masters Degree in social work or equivalent.
- Must be licensed
- Must be willing to work in a variety of settings with clients and families, i.e., juvenile training school
- Clinical member of CATSO
- Awareness of Evidence Based Treatments such as DBT and TF-CBT.
Must be able to work in play therapy with child clients.
- Must be in good enough physical condition to go from site to site and engage with clients
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT
Must be willing to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the clients, including some evenings
Must have valid drivers license
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Boys & Girls Village takes pride in the supportive, team-oriented work environment we offer to current and prospective employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, short and long-term disability, a retirement plan and generous vacation benefits. In addition, it is our goal to assure that the highest quality of care is provided to our clients by our competent, committed employees. To that end, we encourage professional development through our tuition reimbursement program and promote continued growth through various learning opportunities.
Boys & Girls Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We accept resumes on an ongoing basis. Due to the large volume of resumes that we receive, we kindly ask that you do not inquire via telephone about the status of your resume. You can be assured that if you do not hear from us, your resume will be held on file for future consideration.
PLEASE NOTE:Due to the Department of Children & Families regulations, we are prohibited from hiring anyone with a pending charges or convictions of assault or a violent crime; risk of injury to a minor; impairing the morals of a child; physical or sexual abuse, possession; use or sale of a controlled substance; similar crimes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.