Parent Educator Norwalk
Location: Norwalk, CT
- BGV is seeking a Bachelor’s level Parent Educator
- Increased compensation for Bi-lingual Spanish speaking candidates
- Carries average caseload of 10 families
- Conduct home visits using evidence-based models to improve parental capacity, skill development, and competence of caregivers
- Provide case management to help families identify and meet their basic needs
- Facilitate parent education groups
- Complete referrals for needed resources and services in the community.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of family strengths, needs, and resources
- Develop strength based individualized family service plans
- Collaborates with other service providers to assure continuity of care.
- Bachelor’s in social work or related mental health field with a minimum of three (3) years’ work experience with providing home-based services to children and families.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
PURPOSE/FUNCTION OF THE PROGRAM:
The Parenting Support Services Program is a service for families with children 0-18 that supports and enhances positive family functioning. Families receive one or more of the PSS interventions, Positive Parenting Program (Triple P) and Circle of Security Parenting, along with case management.
The function of the PSS program is to help parents become resourceful problem solvers and be able to create a positive and safe home learning environment for children to develop emotional, behavior, and cognitive strengths. It also will help build, support, and strengthen parents’ relationship capabilities so they are better equipped to provide a quality of relationship that is more supportive of secure attachment.
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Boys & Girls Village (BGV) takes pride in the supportive, team-oriented environment we offer to our employees.
- Competitive salaries, with increased compensation for Bi-lingual in Spanish staff
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits, including an option that is free to employees.
- Life insurance, short and long-term disability
- a 401K plan with employer contributions
- Generous benefit time
- A tuition reimbursement program and free licensing supervision
We are an equal opportunity employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.