Physical Education Teacher- Sign on Bonus
Physical Education Teacher
Boys & Girls Village
- BGV is seeking certified Physical Education Teachers for our K – 12 therapeutic school, Charles F. Hayden.
- Increased compensation for Bi-lingual Spanish speaking candidates
- $2,000 Sign on Bonus offered
The Physical Education Teacher functions as an instructional leader on a multi-disciplinary team of professionals. The Certified Physical Education Teacher is responsible for the continuum of health/physical education instruction for The Charles F. Hayden School.
- Plans and implements engaging instructional experiences to promote exploration of ideas and acquisition of the necessary knowledge and skills to develop physical/health education in compliance with IEP, common core state standards and individualized/group health/fitness goals.
- Develops and implements fundamental critical thinking and problem-solving techniques utilizing specific physical/health education curriculum/materials which addresses individual IEP goals, learning styles and health/fitness goals.
- Conducts weekly individual physical/health education sessions as assigned throughout Boys & Girls Village Inc. to assist student in formulation of value system, coping skills and positive personal goals.
- Promotes open communication, discussion, and collaboration with staff regarding student social, academic and health/physical education progress.
- Initiates special projects and events integrating physical/health education as a vital modality in school and community.
- Maintains educational data on each child, including lesson plans, testing data, progress reports and program monitoring.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field and Connecticut Teacher Certification in the areas of Health Education and Physical Education (043/044) are required.
- Previous experience working with special education students.
PURPOSE/FUNCTION OF PROGRAM:
Charles F. Hayden School is committed to serving children through a psycho-educational, clinically informed therapeutic milieu. Collaborative educational planning and placement teams including families and district personnel design Individualized Educational Programs (IEP) for every student.
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Boys & Girls Village (BGV) takes pride in the supportive, team-oriented environment we offer to our employees.
FOR YOUR HEALTH & WELLBEING
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, including an option that is free to employees. Currently using United HealthCare
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Free annual flu shots
- Wellness workshops
FOR YOUR FUTURE
- a 401K plan with employer contributions
- Company paid life and AD&D insurance, short and long-term disability.
FOR CAREER DEVELOPMENT
- A tuition reimbursement program and free licensing supervision.
- Partnership with CT Non-Profit Alliance for tuition discounts at participating universities
- Training and development opportunities
FOR WORK-LIFE BALANCE
- Competitive salaries, with increased compensation for Bi-lingual in Spanish staff
- Generous benefit time, including vacation, sick, and personal time
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)- Free and confidential counseling for employee and family
- Remote interview process offered
- Personal protective equipment provided and required
- Plastic shields at work stations
- Temperature screening at all entrances
- Social distance guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, Disinfecting, & Cleaning procedures in place
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.