Recovery Support Specialist- Per Diem
- Conduct SBIRT and GAIN screening tools to identify substance abuse and mental health treatment needs
- Provide brief intervention services
- Refer program participants to appropriate community providers
- Address client homelessness and vocational support including job coaching and interviewing/ soft skills
- Increase awareness of substance abuse
- Responsible for maintaining documentation, paperwork and record keeping in accordance with state, federal and BGV policies
- Provide follow-up outreach and engagement to individuals needing follow-up for behavioral health related issues.
- Facilitate groups for people in early recovery and provide a listening ear.
- Provide appropriate positive self-disclosure and act as a role model.
- Advocate on behalf of individuals served
- Work a flexible schedule that includes some evening and weekend hours to accommodate individual family needs and routine appointments.
- Provide in-home or in the community services, as well as virtually when appropriate and approved.
- Attend Connecticut Community for Addition Recovery (CCAR) coach academy for young adults and will be fully certified as a Recovery Coach.
- Could be assigned cases and required to drive to any of our catchment areas (Norwalk, Bridgeport, New Haven, Waterbury)
- 2 or more years of professional experience in the field of behavioral health for adolescents and/or LGBTQIA+ and/or transitional age youth
- Case management experience.
- Must have valid driver's license
PURPOSE/FUNCTION OF THE PROGRAM:
The Youth Link Mentoring Service is a program for LGBTQIA+ youth ages 14-18 or 21 years of age who have been referred by DCF. The focus will be to provide mentoring services to DCF committed youth who are residing in the state of Connecticut. The program seeks to create a supportive long-term relation with a caring adult for all adolescents, but particularly for LGBTQIA+ youth who may have experienced significant rejection based on their identity. This service will provide the basis for that relationship.
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Boys & Girls Village (BGV) takes pride in the supportive, team-oriented environment we offer to our employees.
FOR YOUR HEALTH & WELLBEING
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, including an option that is free to employees. Currently using United HealthCare
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Free annual flu shots
- Wellness workshops
FOR YOUR FUTURE
- a 401K plan with employer contributions
- Company paid life and AD&D insurance, short and long-term disability.
FOR CAREER DEVELOPMENT
- A tuition reimbursement program and free licensing supervision.
- Partnership with CT Non-Profit Alliance for tuition discounts at participating universities
- Training and development opportunities
FOR WORK-LIFE BALANCE
- Competitive salaries, with increased compensation for Bi-lingual in Spanish staff
- Generous benefit time, including vacation, sick, and personal time
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)- Free and confidential counseling for employee and family
- Remote interview process offered
- Personal protective equipment provided and required
- Plastic shields at workstations
- Temperature screening at all entrances
- Social distance guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, Disinfecting, & Cleaning procedures in place
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.