Housekeeper/ Utility Worker
- BGV is seeking a Residence Housekeeper with a high school diploma and valid drivers license.
- Experience in housekeeping. Experience in a residential setting a plus.
The Housekeeper performs daily, weekly and monthly housekeeping tasks for the REGIONS House and Safe Haven. The Housekeeper will wash, dry, and fold bed linens, comforters, and towels. The Housekeeper will provide support as needed in other areas of the Milford campus. This position is considered “essential” to the agency operations.
- Sweep, mop, and vacuum all floors/rugs
- Buff, strip, and wax floors
- Dust all areas, including vents, light fixtures, furniture, and window sills
- Clean windows in all areas
- Soiled linens washed and folded
- Ensure closets are clean/orderly/locked
- Ensure that there are enough snacks and utensils
- Clean refrigerator and check dates on food
- Bathroom: clean, disinfect, and ensure toiletries are refilled
- Empty all trash
- Ensures that only approved nontoxic chemicals are locked in the unit closets
- Assist with snow removal
- Bio clean up
- Deliver food and supplies to other BGV locations
- Steam clean furniture
- High School Diploma is required.
- Must have valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule which could include evenings and weekends
PURPOSE/FUNCTION OF PROGRAM:
Boys & Girls Village offers an array of services for children and their families. The services range from highly structured sub-acute services on campus to intensive intervention and care in the home and community. The function of the Facilities Department is to provide and maintain resources necessary for the Agency to run effectively and efficiently.
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Boys & Girls Village (BGV) takes pride in the supportive, team-oriented environment we offer to our employees.
FOR YOUR HEALTH & WELLBEING
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, including an option that is free to employees. Currently using United HealthCare
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Free annual flu shots
- Wellness workshops
FOR YOUR FUTURE
- a 401K plan with employer contributions
- Company paid life and AD&D insurance, short and long-term disability.
FOR CAREER DEVELOPMENT
- A tuition reimbursement program and free licensing supervision.
- Partnership with CT Non-Profit Alliance for tuition discounts at participating universities
- Training and development opportunities
FOR WORK-LIFE BALANCE
- Competitive salaries, with increased compensation for Bi-lingual in Spanish staff
- Generous benefit time, including vacation, sick, and personal time
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)- Free and confidential counseling for employee and family
- Remote interview process offered
- Personal protective equipment provided and required
- Plastic shields at work stations
- Temperature screening at all entrances
- Social distance guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, Disinfecting, & Cleaning procedures in place
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.