LOCATION: Milford, CT
The Staff Accountant is responsible for all disbursement functions in the finance office as well as preparing reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and fixed assets.
· Accounts Payable functions; obtaining approval and entering all invoices and disbursement requests; check generation, online payments, year-end 1099 generation, filing of paid invoices.
· Maintains accurate spreadsheets related to expense allocations for various invoices
· Communicates with agency staff and vendors regarding invoices and disbursements.
· Assists the finance office with accounting tasks as needed
· Code invoices with proper GL account to ensure accurate allocation of expenses
· Monthly reconciliations of assigned balance sheet accounts
· Management and reconciliation of fixed asset accounts
· Prepare journal entries for month end closing
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance
· Prior experience with Financial Edge applications or similar ERP software
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
PURPOSE/FUNCTION OF THE PROGRAM:
The Finance Department is responsible for all financial record keeping and reporting for the agency and being a resource within the agency to facilitate business operations.
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Boys & Girls Village (BGV) takes pride in the supportive, team-oriented environment we offer to our employees.
FOR YOUR HEALTH & WELLBEING
Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, including an option that is free to employees. Currently using United HealthCare
Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
Free annual flu shots
FOR YOUR FUTURE
a 401K plan with employer contributions
Company paid life and AD&D insurance, short and long-term disability.
FOR CAREER DEVELOPMENT
A tuition reimbursement program and free licensing supervision.
Partnership with CT Non-Profit Alliance for 10%-20% tuition discounts at participating universities
Training and development opportunities
Career Growth Opportunities
Qualified Public Student Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Employer
FOR WORK-LIFE BALANCE
Competitive salaries, with increased compensation for Bi-lingual in Spanish staff
Generous benefit time, including vacation, sick, and personal time
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)- Free and confidential counseling for employee and family
· Remote interview process offered
· Personal protective equipment provided and required
· Plastic shields at work stations
· Temperature screening at all entrances
· Social distance guidelines in place
· Sanitizing, Disinfecting, & Cleaning procedures in place
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.