TFC Service Area Coordinator
LOCATION: Milford, CT
At Boys & Girls Village, we understand that children and families are the cornerstones of our society. Since 1942, it has been our mission to preserve and strengthen family bonds. As a leader in services for troubled youth and their families, we continually strive to develop a seamless continuum of care. Boys & Girls Village offers an array of services for children and their families. These services range from highly structured sub-acute services on campus to intensive intervention and care in the home and the community. Our broad range of programs and services are designed to work collaboratively with families, state and local agencies, and other community providers.
I. PURPOSE/FUNCTION OF THE PROGRAM:
The Therapeutic Foster Care program trains, recruits, approves, and supports foster/adoptive parents. The TFC program is an intensive, structured, clinical level of care provided to children with serious emotional disturbance within a safe and nurturing family environment. The program provides care management services to children ages 6-17 with the purpose of stabilizing and/ or ameliorating a child’s mental/ behavioral health issues, facilitating children’s timely and successful transition into permanent placements, and achieving individualized goals.
II. POSITION SUMMARY:
The TFC Service Area Coordinator is a supervisory position responsible for the coordination of the referral and matching process in the service area assigned to Boys & Girls Village. In addition, this position will assist the Family Recruitment & Development Supervisor in the recruitment, approval of, and training of foster parents for the TFC Program.
III. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide oversight to the referral and matching process to facilitate timely and appropriate placement of youth referred to the Therapeutic Foster Care System.
• Work with partner agencies, other Service Area Coordinators, and DCF to track and improve system performance.
• Actively promote team collaboration among statewide providers in order to secure placement for youth referred.
• Attend internal and external placement planning meetings
• Coordinates placement and matching of TFC youth
• Conducts child interviews with youth who do not have an identified placement plan
• Manage regional data related to matching and placement of youth and collaborate with others to produce data reflecting the system statewide.
• Monitors and completes emergency placement requests for in BGV TFC homes as needed
IV. OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist in completion of Home Studies, facilitation of MAPP and Post training,
• Participates in screening of prospective foster parents
• Completes all required agency trainings, documentation, etc. within required time frames.
• Perform additional duties as assigned in order to deliver seamless services throughout the agency
• Provide care management of TFC placements on an interim basis as needed.
V. ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS:
• Bachelor’s degree in related field plus 5 years applicable experience inclusive of 1 year of supervision experience or Masters Degree in related field with applicable experience
• Knowledge of the foster care system and State of CT foster care regulations
VI. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of COA, PQI,
• Proficient with Word and Excel
• Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred
VII. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
VIII. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Must be able to climb several flights of stairs
• Must be able to work with clients in a variety of settings, including client’s homes
• Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
IX. WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT:
• Evening and occasional weekends are required
• Ability to be flexible with workday which could range between the hours of 9am to 9pm varying week to week
• Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle as it will be necessary to travel to off-campus sites, to various communities and collaborative meetings
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Boys & Girls Village takes pride in the supportive, team-oriented work environment we offer to current and prospective employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, short and long-term disability, a retirement plan and generous vacation benefits. In addition, it is our goal to assure that the highest quality of care is provided to our clients by our competent, committed employees. To that end, we encourage professional development through our tuition reimbursement program and promote continued growth through various learning opportunities.
Boys & Girls Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We accept resumes on an ongoing basis. Due to the large volume of resumes that we receive, we kindly ask that you do not inquire via telephone about the status of your resume. You can be assured that if you do not hear from us, your resume will be held on file for future consideration.
Due to the Department of Children & Families regulations, we are prohibited from hiring anyone with a pending charges or convictions of assault or a violent crime; risk of injury to a minor; impairing the morals of a child; physical or sexual abuse, possession; use or sale of a controlled substance; similar crimes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.