- BGV is seeking Bachelor level with experience working with adolescents and families for our Multi-Dimensional Family Therapy
- Increased compensation for Bi-lingual Spanish speaking candidates
Therapist Assistants develop a trusting supportive relationship with family members through direct contact in the context of home visits to, phone contacts and assistance in times of crisis. They must work a flexible schedule in order accommodate the individual family needs, schedules, and in order to respond to crisis and are under the supervision of the Program Manager.
- Provides services to families including but not limited to accompanying parents to appointments as needed, work as part of the treatment teams with the assigned clinician, facilitate the HIV/STD prevention group and interact with other service providers as appropriate.
- Evening appointments are required up to 8pm (several times per week). Weekend hours must be provided when clinically indicated.
- Demonstrates understanding of and adherence to the MDFT model, and shows fidelity to all contract, certification, and licensing requirements.
- Provides services consistent with MDFT model and Boys & Girls Village standards (provides support to 3 therapists: 18 – 24 families)
- Gathers and completes all QI and DCF required measures, e.g., Ohio, GAIN-Q,PIE
- Bachelor level and experience working with adolescents and families.
- Experience or comfort level working with families in their homes.
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record, and use of a reliable automobile.
- Demonstrates culturally competent work history and training.
- Be willing to provide services in the home
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule
PURPOSE/FUNCTION OF THE PROGRAM:
The MDFT program is a family focused, ecologically oriented evidence based model effective in the treatment of children/adolescents between the ages of 9 and 18 with substance abuse and/or dependence issues, or with disruptive behaviors and/or comorbid psychiatric issues who are at risk for substance abuse
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Boys & Girls Village (BGV) takes pride in the supportive, team-oriented environment we offer to our employees.
- Competitive salaries, with increased compensation for Bi-lingual in Spanish staff
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits, including an option that is free to employees.
- Life insurance, short and long-term disability
- a 401K plan with employer contributions
- Generous benefit time
- A tuition reimbursement program and free licensing supervision.
We are an equal opportunity employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.