LOCATION: Norwalk, CT
At Boys & Girls Village, we understand that children and families are the cornerstones of our society. Since 1942, it has been our mission to preserve and strengthen family bonds. As a leader in services for troubled youth and their families, we continually strive to develop a seamless continuum of care. Boys & Girls Village offers an array of services for children and their families. These services range from highly structured sub-acute services on campus to intensive intervention and care in the home and the community. Our broad range of programs and services are designed to work collaboratively with families, state and local agencies, and other community providers.
I. PURPOSE/FUNCTION OF THE PROGRAM:
The MDFT program is a family focused, ecologically oriented evidence based model effective in the treatment of children/adolescents between the ages of 9 and 18 with substance abuse and/or dependence issues, or with disruptive behaviors and/or comorbid psychiatric issues who are at risk for substance abuse. MDFT is designed to reduce the influence of factors that place a child/adolescent at risk for substance abuse while strengthening the presence of protective factors, such as supporting a positive parent-child relationship.
II. POSITION SUMMARY:
Therapist Assistants develop a trusting supportive relationship with family members through direct contact in the context of home visits, phone contacts and assistance in times of crisis. They must work a flexible schedule in order to accommodate the individual family needs, schedules, and in order to respond to crisis and are under the supervision of the Program Manager.
III. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides services to families including but not limited to accompanying parents to appointments as needed, work as part of the treatment teams with the assigned clinician, facilitate the HIV/STD prevention group and interact with other service providers as appropriate.
• Evening appointments are required up to 8pm (several times per week). Weekend hours must be provided when clinically indicated.
• Demonstrates understanding of and adherence to the MDFT model, and shows fidelity to all contract, certification, and licensing requirements.
• Provides services consistent with MDFT model and Boys & Girls Village standards (provides support to 3 therapists: 18 – 24 families)
• Gathers and completes all QI and DCF required measures, e.g., Ohio, GAIN-Q,PIE
• Maximize program utilization, and ensure appropriate billing of services
• Documents all services in adherence with state statures, regulatory, billing, COA standards and Boys & Girls Village Standards.
• Participates all required trainings, network meetings, DCF reviews, etc.
• Prevent, intervene and report instances of child abuse or neglect.
• Keeps program manager apprised of any and all situations which involve the safety of any individuals in the program or community, to monitor the impact on the agency as well as its mission of care for children and families.
• Perform additional duties as assigned in order to deliver seamless services throughout the agency.
• Attend weekly supervision with Program Manager.
• Provides resolution of problems arising during a crisis in order to divert placement disruption.
• Collaborates with other service providers to assure continuity of care.
V. ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS:
• Bachelor level and experience working with adolescents and families.
• Experience or comfort level working with families in their homes.
• Valid driver’s license, good driving record, and use of a reliable automobile.
• Demonstrates culturally competent work history and training.
VI. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Bi-lingual (Spanish)
VII. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
VIII. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Must be able to climb several flights of stairs
• Must be able to work with clients in a variety of settings
IX. WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT
• Some weekends may be required
• Must have a valid drivers license and be willing to drive to off –campus sites for home visits and collaborative meetings
• Ability to be flexible with work schedule
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Boys & Girls Village takes pride in the supportive, team-oriented work environment we offer to current and prospective employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, short and long-term disability, a retirement plan and generous vacation benefits. In addition, it is our goal to assure that the highest quality of care is provided to our clients by our competent, committed employees. To that end, we encourage professional development through our tuition reimbursement program and promote continued growth through various learning opportunities.
Boys & Girls Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We accept resumes on an ongoing basis. Due to the large volume of resumes that we receive, we kindly ask that you do not inquire via telephone about the status of your resume. You can be assured that if you do not hear from us, your resume will be held on file for future consideration.
Due to the Department of Children & Families regulations, we are prohibited from hiring anyone with a pending charges or convictions of assault or a violent crime; risk of injury to a minor; impairing the morals of a child; physical or sexual abuse, possession; use or sale of a controlled substance; similar crimes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.