- BGV is seeking Bachelor level with experience working with adolescents and families for our Multi-Dimensional Family Therapy
- Increased compensation for Bi-lingual Spanish speaking candidates
Therapist Assistants develop a trusting supportive relationship with family members through direct contact in the context of home visits to, phone contacts and assistance in times of crisis. They must work a flexible schedule in order accommodate the individual family needs, schedules, and in order to respond to crisis and are under the supervision of the Program Manager.
- Provides services to families including but not limited to accompanying parents to appointments as needed, work as part of the treatment teams with the assigned clinician, facilitate the HIV/STD prevention group and interact with other service providers as appropriate.
- Evening appointments are required up to 8pm (several times per week). Weekend hours must be provided when clinically indicated.
- Demonstrates understanding of and adherence to the MDFT model, and shows fidelity to all contract, certification, and licensing requirements.
- Provides services consistent with MDFT model and Boys & Girls Village standards (provides support to 3 therapists: 18 – 24 families)
- Gathers and completes all QI and DCF required measures, e.g., Ohio, GAIN-Q,PIE
- Bachelor level and experience working with adolescents and families.
- Experience or comfort level working with families in their homes.
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record, and use of a reliable automobile.
- Demonstrates culturally competent work history and training.
- Be willing to provide services in the home
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule
PURPOSE/FUNCTION OF THE PROGRAM:
The MDFT program is a family focused, ecologically oriented evidence based model effective in the treatment of children/adolescents between the ages of 9 and 18 with substance abuse and/or dependence issues, or with disruptive behaviors and/or comorbid psychiatric issues who are at risk for substance abuse
Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, including an option that is free to employees. Currently using United HealthCare
Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
Free annual flu shots
a 401K plan with employer contributions
Company paid life and AD&D insurance, short and long-term disability.
A tuition reimbursement program and free licensing supervision.
Partnership with CT Non-Profit Alliance for tuition discounts at participating universities
Training and development opportunities
Competitive salaries, with increased compensation for Bi-lingual in Spanish staff
Generous benefit time, including vacation, sick, and personal time
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)- Free and confidential counseling for employee and family
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.