For more than 75 years, in over 50 communities, Boys & Girls Village (‘BGV’) has been one of Connecticut’s leading providers of behavioral, educational, vocational and permanency planning services for at-risk youth and their families. From our locations in Bridgeport, Milford and Norwalk, BGV has touched the lives of thousands of children and families, by strengthening their ability to succeed in life.
Boys & Girls Village serves children and families in at-risk situations by strengthening their ability to succeed in life.
BGV's Statement About Social and Healthcare Equity
Boys & Girls Village recognizes that our clients experience widespread disparities in healthcare and social justice. Unfortunately, these disparities have become intensified in recent times. BGV is committed to identifying the presence of these disparities and work with our partners and families to provide relief. We do this by engaging in the following:
- Engage in statewide trainings to develop and update an Equity and Inclusion Plan
- Train all of our staff on Cultural Awareness and Understanding
- Strive for a diverse staff and board that mirrors our clients
- Continue to provide direct services to families in underserved communities, which has been our core business for over 75 years
- Partner with formal and informal supports to obtain resources for our clients
- Participate in Statewide meetings and initiatives with other agencies to collaboratively identify and address concerns
- Work with stakeholders to identify gaps in services and develop solutions
While this is not an exhaustive list, BGV remains committed to and will continue to strive to build communities that are inclusive and which all residents have equal access to needed supports and resources.
- We serve 50 CT communities in all eight counties throughout the state
- We serve nearly 400 clients every day
- BGV employs over 200 program staff
- BGV staff speak more than 10 languages