Extended Day Treatment Clinician
Location: Bridgeport, CT
At Boys & Girls Village, we understand that children and families are the cornerstones of our society. Since 1942, it has been our mission to preserve and strengthen family bonds. As a leader in services for troubled youth and their families, we continually strive to develop a seamless continuum of care. Boys & Girls Village offers an array of services for children and their families. These services range from highly structured sub-acute services on campus to intensive intervention and care in the home and the community. Our broad range of programs and services are designed to work collaboratively with families, state and local agencies, and other community providers.
PURPOSE/FUNCTION OF THE PROGRAM:
Extended Day Treatment (EDT) provides services to children who have returned or are returning home from out-of-home care and require a moderate level of treatment or are at imminent risk of placement due to mental health issues or emotional disturbances.
The EDT Clinician provides individual, group and family therapy, case management and milieu treatment to children with DSM V, Axis I diagnosis. Services are delivered after school as an extension of the school day. The Program Manager provides weekly supervision to the clinician.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides psychosocial assessments, goal setting and treatment planning, oversight of 8-10 cases and engages in effective discharge planning
- Facilitates individual/group/family therapies, multifamily groups, therapeutic recreation, crisis intervention services, parent education and support, and service coordination/case management by working collaboratively with families and through a multi-disciplinary team approach
- Gathers information necessary to authorize the delivery of services.
- Co-facilitates weekly multifamily group.
- Completes all required paperwork in accordance with Medicaid, COA, and Boys & Girls Village Standards and time requirements.
- Participates in on call rotation
- Attends and completes all trainings as required.
- Assists milieu in staff in managing crises
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborates with the family, the Department of Children & Families, area schools, mental health community agencies and juvenile justice system to develop treatment plans
- Completes monthly DCF data forms in compliance with state mandates.
- Collaborates with Psychiatrist and Program Manager concerning clinical treatment and medication.
- Provides assistance during client crisis via monthly on call rotation.
- Keeps Program Manager apprised of at risk situations.
- Assists with transportation when necessary to or from program
- Performs additional duties as assigned to deliver seamless services through Boys & Girls Village.
- LMSW or the equivalent, must be licensed or license eligible
- Energetic, creative and demonstrate the presence to lead groups with children
- Must have proven ability to work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Experience in developing and running groups.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish).
- Substantial experience working with children and families within a system approach to treatment.
- Must be in sufficient physical condition in order to engage in a Therapeutic Crisis Intervention
- Must be able to climb several flights of stairs
- Must be able to work with clients in a variety of settings
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT (i.e., necessary travel, unusual work hours, unusual environmental conditions, etc.)
- Evenings may be required
- Must have a valid drivers license and be willing to drive to off campus sites for home visits and collaborative meetings
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Boys & Girls Village takes pride in the supportive, team-oriented work environment we offer to current and prospective employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, short and long-term disability, a retirement plan and generous vacation benefits. In addition, it is our goal to assure that the highest quality of care is provided to our clients by our competent, committed employees. To that end, we encourage professional development through our tuition reimbursement program and promote continued growth through various learning opportunities.
Boys & Girls Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We accept resumes on an ongoing basis. Due to the large volume of resumes that we receive, we kindly ask that you do not inquire via telephone about the status of your resume. You can be assured that if you do not hear from us, your resume will be held on file for future consideration.
PLEASE NOTE:Due to the Department of Children & Families regulations, we are prohibited from hiring anyone with a pending charges or convictions of assault or a violent crime; risk of injury to a minor; impairing the morals of a child; physical or sexual abuse, possession; use or sale of a controlled substance; similar crimes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.