Mental Health Counselor
Mental Health Counselor- IICAPS
Location: Bridgeport, CT
- BGV is seeking a Bachelor’s Level Mental Health Counselor for our Intensive In-home Child & Adolescent Psychiatric Services (IICAPS).
- Increased compensation for Bi-lingual Spanish speaking candidates
POSITION OVERVIEW: The IICAPS Mental Health Counselor provides services to families in their homes and out in the community. The Mental Health Counselor must work a flexible schedule, including afternoon, evening, or weekend hours to reduce barriers to treatment and accommodate the family’s schedule.
- Collaborate with clinician in assessment, treatment planning, and stabilization of clients.
- Offer therapeutic support, parent guidance to families.
- Carry a case load of 8 to 9 cases; averaging 5.5 hours of direct service per week per case.
- Work individually with children as clinically indicated.
- Collaborate with clinician to provide advocacy, case management and concrete services in accordance with treatment plan.
- Must be willing to schedule family visits during late afternoon and evening times and/or weekend hours.
- BS in social work or related mental health field or equivalent experience.
- Prior experience in Human Services, Health Care/Mental Health, Education, Community Organizing, or Advocacy.
- Experience working with children and adults.
- Must have valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) desired.
PURPOSE/FUNCTION OF THE PROGRAM:
To provide intensive in-home services to children and adolescents who because of the complexity and severity of the psychiatric needs are at risk for hospitalization; to prevent hospitalization or need for other institutional levels of care and to maximize community functioning.
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Boys & Girls Village (BGV) takes pride in the supportive, team-oriented environment we offer to our employees.
FOR YOUR HEALTH & WELLBEING
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, including an option that is free to employees. Currently using United HealthCare
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Free annual flu shots
- Wellness workshops
FOR YOUR FUTURE
- a 401K plan with employer contributions
- Company paid life and AD&D insurance, short and long-term disability.
FOR CAREER DEVELOPMENT
- A tuition reimbursement program and free licensing supervision.
- Partnership with CT Non-Profit Alliance for tuition discounts at participating universities
- Training and development opportunities
FOR WORK-LIFE BALANCE
- Competitive salaries, with increased compensation for Bi-lingual in Spanish staff
- Generous benefit time, including vacation, sick, and personal time
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)- Free and confidential counseling for employee and family
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.