Mental Health Worker
Boys & Girls Village- Bridgeport & Milford, CT
- BGV is seeking Residential Mentors/Line Staff to work directly with adolescent boys in our residency programs.
- Must have High School Diploma, Associates or Bachelor’s Degree.
The Mental Health Worker/Mentor/Line Staff are responsible for directly supervising and engaging with youth and assisting them in developing adaptive living skills. They also actively monitor and manage crisis situations. They drive youth to court, appointments and recreational trips.
- Provide a safe, orderly and nurturing living experience for program youth by providing direct care, supervision, behavioral management, recreational and therapeutic programming
- Assist clients with daily living skills as well as teach clients so that they can learn new skills.
- Ensure that goals/objectives of each youth’s individual and crisis management plan are implemented as part of the daily activities.
- Conduct therapeutic programming under the supervision of the Clinical Staff.
- Pat search youth upon return from Home Pass. Search visitor belongings and packages, the youth’s room and belongings as well as the building and perimeter.
- May be mandated to stay beyond the end of shift if coverage is required.
- Responsible for transporting clients to and from court, appointments, and recreational activities.
- May need to become Medication Certified.
- Ability to deal with crisis situations; implement behavior modification programs; maintain appropriate boundaries; and work as a team member.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Considered essential staff.
PURPOSE/FUNCTION OF PROGRAM:
The residential programs provide home-like environments with a therapeutic based milieu for male adolescents with a rehabilitation and treatment focus. The program is designed to reduce risk and recidivism and will take the lead on assisting the adolescent, family and stakeholders with the youth’s transition plan back into the community.
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Boys & Girls Village (BGV) takes pride in the supportive, team-oriented environment we offer to our employees.
FOR YOUR HEALTH & WELLBEING
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, including an option that is free to employees. Currently using United HealthCare
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Free annual flu shots
- Wellness workshops
FOR YOUR FUTURE
- a 401K plan with employer contributions
- Company paid life and AD&D insurance, short and long-term disability.
FOR CAREER DEVELOPMENT
- A tuition reimbursement program and free licensing supervision.
- Partnership with CT Non-Profit Alliance for 10% - 20% tuition discounts at participating universities
- Training and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Qualified Public Student Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Employer
FOR WORK-LIFE BALANCE
- Competitive salaries, with increased compensation for Bi-lingual in Spanish staff
- Generous benefit time, including vacation, sick, and personal time
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)- Free and confidential counseling for employee and family
- Remote interview process offered
- Personal protective equipment provided and required
- Plastic shields at work stations
- Temperature screening at all entrances
- Social distance guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, Disinfecting, & Cleaning procedures in place
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.