Location: Milford, CT
- BGV is seeking an energetic, motivated individual with solid experience working with youth with disabilities in a school environment.
- Increased compensation for bachelor’s degree
The Paraeducator provides direct care, behavior management, and supports educational and clinical services for the clients in the Charles F. Hayden School. During school vacations/holidays and other school closings or delays (except for when school staff development is scheduled) the paraeducator has the opportunity to work in the shelter if needed.
- Provides required assistance and supports to facilitate client’s behavior, emotional, educational, and social development and learning in accordance with an individualized service/treatment plan in a structured, intensive therapeutic milieu setting by working collaboratively with other members of the team
- Participate in the planning and implementation of programming specifically designed to encourage development growth for a wide range of ages
- Participate in weekly therapeutic groups as a co-facilitator, under guidance of clinical staff
- Provides crisis intervention utilizing Cornell Therapeutic Crisis Intervention techniques
- Ensure that goals/objectives of each client’s service/treatment plan are implemented as part of the daily activities
- When scheduled in the shelter, you are expected to work in inclement weather and may be mandated to stay beyond the end of the shift if coverage is required.
- Completes documentation in accordance with state, federal, and Boys & Girls Village policies
- Must have high school diploma
- Valid Drivers License and clean driving record
- Previous experience working with children in a recreational, educational, residential or day program
- Bachelor’s degree in education or a behavioral health related field such as social work, counseling, human services or a related area, or Associates degree or 3 years’ experience working with children in a milieu-based program preferred.
- In accordance with State guidelines, all school employees are required to get the COVID-19 vaccine .
PURPOSE/FUNCTION OF THE PROGRAM:
The Charles F. Hayden School is committed to serving children through a psycho-educational, clinically informed therapeutic milieu. Collaborative educational planning and placement teams including families and district personnel design Individualized Educational Programs (IEP) for every student.
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Boys & Girls Village (BGV) takes pride in the supportive, team-oriented environment we offer to our employees.
FOR YOUR HEALTH & WELLBEING
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, including an option that is free to employees. Currently using United HealthCare
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Free annual flu shots
- Wellness workshops
FOR YOUR FUTURE
- a 401K plan with employer contributions
- Company paid life and AD&D insurance, short and long-term disability.
FOR CAREER DEVELOPMENT
- A tuition reimbursement program and free licensing supervision.
- Partnership with CT Non-Profit Alliance for 10% - 20% tuition discounts at participating universities
- Training and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Qualified Public Student Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Employer
FOR WORK-LIFE BALANCE
- Competitive salaries, with increased compensation for Bi-lingual in Spanish staff
- Generous benefit time, including vacation, sick, and personal time
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)- Free and confidential counseling for employee and family
- Remote interview process offered
- Personal protective equipment provided and required
- Plastic shields at work stations
- Temperature screening at all entrances
- Social distance guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, Disinfecting, & Cleaning procedures in place
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.