Parent Educator Bridgeport
Location: Bridgeport, CT
- BGV is seeking a Bachelor’s level Parent Educator
- Increased compensation for Bi-lingual Spanish speaking candidates
- Carries average caseload of 10 families
- Conduct home visits using evidence-based models to improve parental capacity, skill development, and competence of caregivers
- Provide case management to help families identify and meet their basic needs
- Facilitate parent education groups
- Will also work out of our Norwalk office for parts of the work week.
- Complete referrals for needed resources and services in the community.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of family strengths, needs, and resources
- Develop strength based individualized family service plans
- Collaborates with other service providers to assure continuity of care.
- Bachelor’s in social work or related mental health field with a minimum of three (3) years’ work experience with providing home-based services to children and families.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
PURPOSE/FUNCTION OF THE PROGRAM:
The Parenting Support Services Program is a service for families with children 0-18 that supports and enhances positive family functioning. Families receive one or more of the PSS interventions, Positive Parenting Program (Triple P) and Circle of Security Parenting, along with case management.
The function of the PSS program is to help parents become resourceful problem solvers and be able to create a positive and safe home learning environment for children to develop emotional, behavior, and cognitive strengths. It also will help build, support, and strengthen parents’ relationship capabilities so they are better equipped to provide a quality of relationship that is more supportive of secure attachment.
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Boys & Girls Village (BGV) takes pride in the supportive, team-oriented environment we offer to our employees.
FOR YOUR HEALTH & WELLBEING
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, including an option that is free to employees. Currently using United HealthCare
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Free annual flu shots
- Wellness workshops
FOR YOUR FUTURE
- a 401K plan with employer contributions
- Company paid life and AD&D insurance, short and long-term disability.
FOR CAREER DEVELOPMENT
- A tuition reimbursement program and free licensing supervision.
- Partnership with CT Non-Profit Alliance for 10% - 20% tuition discounts at participating universities
- Training and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Qualified Public Student Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Employer
FOR WORK-LIFE BALANCE
- Competitive salaries, with increased compensation for Bi-lingual in Spanish staff
- Generous benefit time, including vacation, sick, and personal time
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)- Free and confidential counseling for employee and family
- Remote interview process offered
- Personal protective equipment provided and required
- Plastic shields at workstations
- Temperature screening at all entrances
- Social distance guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, Disinfecting, & Cleaning procedures in place
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.