Reunification Specialist- Bilingual (Spanish)
Location: Milford, CT
- BGV is seeking a Bachelor’s Level Bilingual Reunification Specialist
- Increased compensation for Bi-lingual Spanish speaking candidates
- Provides in home intensive treatment services to families including: crisis intervention, parent guidance, and education, brief psychotherapy (as needed), concrete services, advocacy and linkage to other services and supportive interventions individualized to meet the broad needs of children and adults to be served.
- Assumes responsibility for facilitating strength based, client focused treatment planning
- Works nontraditional flexible hours to meet families’ needs
- Provides services consistent with the designated service component (Therapeutic Family Time and Reunification Services) as outlined in DCF contract.
- Documents all services in adherence with state statures, regulatory, billing, COA standards and Boys & Girls Village Standards.
- Leads in development of crisis plan
- Respond to crisis situations involving the family either through phone calls or in person responses dependent on case circumstances, including rotation in the 24/ 7 on- call service.
- Evening and occasional weekends are required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related mental health field or equivalent. Also appropriate for Master’s Degree with little experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be willing to drive to off –campus sites for home visits and collaborative meetings and have access to reliable transportation
PURPOSE/FUNCTION OF THE PROGRAM:
The Function of the Reunification and Therapeutic Family Time Program is to engage support and intervene with parents, whose children are placed in out-home care, by offering a variety of services designed to promote and effect successful reunification, strengthen parent child relations and attachments and reduce the risk for further abuse and neglect.
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Boys & Girls Village (BGV) takes pride in the supportive, team-oriented environment we offer to our employees.
- Competitive salaries, with increased compensation for Bi-lingual in Spanish staff
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits, including an option that is free to employees.
- Life insurance, short and long-term disability
- a 401K plan with employer contributions
- Generous benefit time
- A tuition reimbursement program and free licensing supervision
We are an equal opportunity employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.