School Social Worker
School Social Worker
The School Social Worker provides clinical interventions and case management services to special education students in a milieu school setting, consistent with their IEP service plan. They act as a member of the school clinical team and provide therapeutic services to children and their families. The School Social Worker will also provide outreach to and coordinate efforts with other providers as well as maintaining routine contact with student’s families.
- Completes admission, IEP Progress Summaries, PPT/IEP goals, objectives, and related assessment and discharge summaries.
- Provides clinical services as dictated by the IEP service plan including group and individual treatment, family contacts, collaboration, case management, and home visits when appropriate.
- Completes documentation for all services provided in the electronic record as well as any hard copies the home school district may require.
- Develop Crisis Behavior Assessment and ensure proper implementation in the milieu
- Collaborates with classroom teacher regarding in-class data acquisition in direct relation to all social and behavioral objectives and prepares a report of updated progress to present at the PPT at least 5 days prior to the meeting (documents should be sent to the school district and guardian).
- Administer and score behavioral and social benchmark assessments/ data three times per year (using Aimsweb).
- Previous experience working with special education students.
- Master’s (preferred) Degree in Special Education
- Certified by State of CT Dept of Ed as a Social Worker, Counselor, or Psychologist
PURPOSE/FUNCTION OF PROGRAM:
Charles F. Hayden School is committed to serving children through a psycho-educational, clinically informed therapeutic milieu. Collaborative educational planning and placement teams including families and district personnel design Individualized Educational Programs (IEP) for every student.
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Boys & Girls Village (BGV) takes pride in the supportive, team-oriented environment we offer to our employees.
FOR YOUR HEALTH & WELLBEING
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, including an option that is free to employees. Currently using United HealthCare
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Free annual flu shots
- Wellness workshops
FOR YOUR FUTURE
- a 401K plan with employer contributions
- Company paid life and AD&D insurance, short and long-term disability.
FOR CAREER DEVELOPMENT
- A tuition reimbursement program and free licensing supervision.
- Partnership with CT Non-Profit Alliance for 10%-20% tuition discounts at participating universities
- Training and development opportunities
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Qualified Public Student Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Employer
FOR WORK-LIFE BALANCE
- Competitive salaries, with increased compensation for Bi-lingual in Spanish staff
- Generous benefit time, including vacation, sick, and personal time
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)- Free and confidential counseling for employee and family
- Remote interview process offered
- Personal protective equipment provided and required
- Plastic shields at work stations
- Temperature screening at all entrances
- Social distance guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, Disinfecting, & Cleaning procedures in place
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.