Special Education Teacher- Sign on Bonus
Special Education Teacher
Boys & Girls Village
- BGV is seeking certified Special Education Teachers for our K – 12 therapeutic school, Charles F. Hayden.
- Increased compensation for Bi-lingual Spanish speaking candidates
- $2,000 Sign on Bonus
The Special Education Teacher functions as an instructional leader on a multi-disciplinary team of professionals. The Certified Special Education Teacher will be responsible for the assessment, planning, programming and provision of special education instruction in a milieu model of specialized services.
- Provide draft goals and objectives to PPT and Core Curriculum through engaging instructional experiences to promote student’s exploration of ideas and acquisition of the necessary knowledge to achieve their full potential.
- Develops and implements curriculum/materials which address individualized IEP goals and objectives.
- Attend all team meetings, teacher rounds, relevant training and seminars in an effort to exercise and promote the highest level of professional development and judgement.
- Formally and informally assesses child’s basic foundation of skills utilizing assessment results to determine educational needs and related modifications per PPT recommendation.
- Provide input into the development of the IEP, incorporating assessment (as described above) with appropriate services and curricula.
- Provide input into the development of the IEP in collaboration with sending school districts based on informal/formal testing, teacher observations and student performance.
- DSAP, Initial, Provisional or professional Connecticut State Special Education Teaching Certification is required.
- Previous experience working with special education students.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s (preferred) Degree in Special Education
- In accordance with State guidelines, all school employees are required to get the COVID-19 vaccine .
PURPOSE/FUNCTION OF PROGRAM:
Charles F. Hayden School is committed to serving children through a psycho-educational, clinically informed therapeutic milieu. Collaborative educational planning and placement teams including families and district personnel design Individualized Educational Programs (IEP) for every student.
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Boys & Girls Village (BGV) takes pride in the supportive, team-oriented environment we offer to our employees.
FOR YOUR HEALTH & WELLBEING
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, including an option that is free to employees. Currently using United HealthCare
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Free annual flu shots
- Wellness workshops
FOR YOUR FUTURE
- a 401K plan with employer contributions
- Company paid life and AD&D insurance, short and long-term disability.
FOR CAREER DEVELOPMENT
- A tuition reimbursement program and free licensing supervision.
- Partnership with CT Non-Profit Alliance for tuition discounts at participating universities
- Training and development opportunities
FOR WORK-LIFE BALANCE
- Competitive salaries, with increased compensation for Bi-lingual in Spanish staff
- Generous benefit time, including vacation, sick, and personal time
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)- Free and confidential counseling for employee and family
- Remote interview process offered
- Personal protective equipment provided and required
- Plastic shields at work stations
- Temperature screening at all entrances
- Social distance guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, Disinfecting, & Cleaning procedures in place
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.