Transitional Job Coach
Location: Milford, CT
- BGV is seeking an energetic, motivated individual with solid experience working with youth with disabilities in a school environment.
The Transitional Job Coach provides vocational opportunities for youth at the Charles F Hayden School by developing relationships with business members in the communities. The Transitional Job Coach is responsible for assessing students’ readiness for services, teaching prevocational skills and supervision of students while in placements. The Job Coach tracks and presents progress data to school staff, LEAs, and families.
- Works with interdisciplinary school team to assess transitional needs of identified students as outlined in student’s IEP goals.
- Assist school team in determining appropriate transitional assessments (formal and informal) to conduct based on student profile ie. Oasis, LIST.
- Obtains transitional placements both off and on-site.
- Joins appropriate community business organizations such as the Rotary club, Chamber of Commerce, Kiwanis, etc. and attends meetings in order to expand transitional placement sites.
- With school team, develops the transitional observation form for each youth with identified vocational goals and objectives including expected time frames.
- Designs and implements vocational rubrics and data progress monitoring systems to assess student progress in regard to their transitional goals and presents to teachers for PPTs.
- Designs transition plans and data progress monitoring systems (vocational observation form) to assess student progress.
- Collaborate with on-site vocational supervisors to set goals and expand opportunities as appropriate
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in human/Social Service Field
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with students within transitional programming within program and community settings.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with secondary level students with social/behavioral challenges.
PURPOSE/FUNCTION OF THE PROGRAM:
The Charles F. Hayden School is committed to serving children through a psycho-educational, clinically informed therapeutic milieu. Collaborative educational planning and placement teams including families and district personnel design Individualized Educational Programs (IEP) for every student.
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Boys & Girls Village (BGV) takes pride in the supportive, team-oriented environment we offer to our employees.
FOR YOUR HEALTH & WELLBEING
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, including an option that is free to employees. Currently using United HealthCare
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Free annual flu shots
- Wellness workshops
FOR YOUR FUTURE
- a 401K plan with employer contributions
- Company paid life and AD&D insurance, short and long-term disability.
FOR CAREER DEVELOPMENT
- A tuition reimbursement program and free licensing supervision.
- Partnership with CT Non-Profit Alliance for tuition discounts at participating universities
- Training and development opportunities
FOR WORK-LIFE BALANCE
- Competitive salaries, with increased compensation for Bi-lingual in Spanish staff
- Generous benefit time, including vacation, sick, and personal time
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)- Free and confidential counseling for employee and family
- Remote interview process offered
- Personal protective equipment provided and required
- Plastic shields at work stations
- Temperature screening at all entrances
- Social distance guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, Disinfecting, & Cleaning procedures in place
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.