Family Time Specialist
- Provides facility based intensive treatment services to families including crisis intervention, parent guidance, and education, brief psychotherapy (as needed), concrete services, advocacy and linkage to other services and supportive interventions individualized to meet the broad needs of children and adults to be served.
- Assumes responsibility for facilitating strength based, client focused treatment planning
- Works nontraditional flexible hours to meet families’ needs, including evening, weekends, and rotating holidays
- Provides services consistent with Therapeutic Family Time as outlined in DCF contract.
- Documents all services in adherence with state statutes, contract, COA standards and Boys & Girls Village Standards.
- Leads in development of crisis plan
- Participates in all required trainings, network meetings, DCF reviews, etc
- Keeps program Coordinator apprised of all situations which involve the safety of any individuals in the program or community, to monitor the impact on the agency as well as its mission of care for children and families.
- Demonstrates understanding and adherence to the Visit Coaching Model.
- Responsible for the scheduling and coordination of family visits with RTFT staff to meet the needs of both programs.
- Identify family resources and informal/formal supports in the family and how they may be used in safety planning.
- Bachelor’s level mental health professional with a course of study in Social Work or equivalent.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be willing to drive to off –campus sites for home visits and collaborative meetings and have access to reliable transportation
PURPOSE/FUNCTION OF THE PROGRAM:
The Function of the Quality Parenting Center is to strengthen and preserve relationships and critical connections between children placed in out of home care with their parents, siblings, parents, and other family members. The QPC will offer a variety of services designed to promote and effect successful permanency, strengthen parent child relations and attachments, and reduce the risk for further abuse and neglect.
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Boys & Girls Village (BGV) takes pride in the supportive, team-oriented environment we offer to our employees.
FOR YOUR HEALTH & WELLBEING
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, including an option that is free to employees. Currently using United HealthCare
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Free annual flu shots
- Wellness workshops
FOR YOUR FUTURE
- a 401K plan with employer contributions
- Company paid life and AD&D insurance, short and long-term disability.
FOR CAREER DEVELOPMENT
- A tuition reimbursement program and free licensing supervision.
- Partnership with CT Non-Profit Alliance for tuition discounts at participating universities
- Training and development opportunities
FOR WORK-LIFE BALANCE
- Competitive salaries, with increased compensation for Bi-lingual in Spanish staff
- Generous benefit time, including vacation, sick, and personal time
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)- Free and confidential counseling for employee and family
- Remote interview process offered
- Personal protective equipment provided and required
- Plastic shields at workstations
- Temperature screening at all entrances
- Social distance guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, Disinfecting, & Cleaning procedures in place
We are an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.