Kraft House Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility
KRAFT HOUSE is a Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility (PRTF) on Boys & Girls Village’s Milford campus. This 12-bed program will serve boys ages 11-17 who require a step down or alternative option to an inpatient psychiatric hospital.
Intensive care led by a multidisciplinary team for successful outcomes
Youth coming to Kraft House may be struggling with emotional and behavioral regulation, self-injurious behaviors, depression, anxiety or overcoming the emotional impact of trauma. The Kraft house accepts youth with co-occurring substance use disorder and welcomes transgender and questioning youth.
While at Kraft House clients receive intensive care led by a multidisciplinary team directed by a child psychiatrist. Programming includes a comprehensive assessment, treatment planning involving the caregiver, therapeutic recreation, and a highly trained milieu staff. Kraft house utilizes evidenced based treatment such as cognitive behavioral therapy and motivational interviewing, in other words, treatments with a proven record of success.
12 bed home-like atmosphere
- Private single bedrooms
- Life Skills training
- Exercise room
- Expansive activity room & recreation space.
- Evening & weekend visiting hours.
- Meals provided by BGV’s own on-site food service staff with input from Kraft clients.
- High staff to client ratio along with safety features throughout including anti-ligature hardware, access control, and cameras in community spaces.
- 24/7 nursing
Preparing clients to return to a permanent home and community
Kraft house helps prepare clients to return to a permanent home and community starting from the time of admission. A Transition Coordinator works with the client and family throughout to support a smooth discharge back to home or a permanent living arrangement and community. While at Kraft House youth attend our fully accredited special education school who works closely with youth’s home school to best prepare for a smooth transition back to the community. Kraft house is funded by client’s health care insurance including Medicaid and is licensed by the Department of Children and Families.
- 11 acres campus with many green spaces and interconnecting walkways allowing clients many recreational activities and outdoor events.
- Fully accredited K-12 special education school.
- Vocational Center with professional kitchen, computer labs, mechanic garage, & modern manufacturing (3D printing, CNC, etc.)
- Project Adventure, a ropes course led by fully trained staff.
- Full-sized gym, basketball courts and open spaces.
For more information, please call (203) 877-0300 or Director of Residency Services at (475) 261-1711.