Milieu Supervisor- KIDS INN
Location: Milford, CT
Apply Now: Interested candidates are invited to
submit a resume today!
At Boys & Girls Village, we understand that children and families are the cornerstones of our society. Since 1942, it has been our mission to preserve and strengthen family bonds. As a leader in services for troubled youth and their families, we continually strive to develop a seamless continuum of care. Boys & Girls Village offers an array of services for children and their families. These services range from highly structured sub-acute services on campus to intensive intervention and care in the home and the community. Our broad range of programs and services are designed to work collaboratively with families, state and local agencies, and other community providers.
PURPOSE/FUNCTION OF PROGRAM:
Kids INN is a psychiatric residential treatment facility which serves as a diversionary setting during times of crisis or as a step-down from inpatient psychiatric hospital units. Safe Haven is a residential program for boys with Problem Sexual Behavior (PSB). These programs share staff with our therapeutic day school. These services are delivered in a manner which is consistent with the Agency’s goals and mission.
The Milieu Supervisor manages the milieu ensuring a safe, clean, structured, and orderly unit where therapeutic programming and behavior management can be implemented. Supervisors are responsible for ensuring the processes are completed in accordance with BGV policies and procedures. They are responsible for providing supervision to the mental health workers and assisting them in providing a nurturing environment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides a safe, orderly and nurturing living experience for the children in care.
- Oversees the implementation of all processes, policies, procedures and behavior management
- Participates in the orientation, training, and daily supervision of all mental health workers
- Completes staff observations as assigned and evaluations of mental health workers
- Works with the clinical team to ensure that all relevant information is shared with mental health workers.
- Ensures the program maintains appropriate staff/client ratios (4:1 Kids I.N.N or 3:1 Safe Haven) to meet the needs of the clients in care while taking steps to minimize overtime
- Coordinates with the Administrative Assistant/Milieu Coordinator to arrange for relief staff as needed due to call outs/other scheduling needs
- Ensures that all pertinent information is documented accurately in the end of shift summary including any critical events
- Takes charge during any critical and emergency events when leadership staff is not present and ensures that On-Call is notified with detailed information regarding the incident.
- Implement the daily milieu schedule, facilitate or direct mental health workers in facilitating activities and groups, and community meetings.
- Oversees and monitors the completion of the Safety Checklist, Staff monitoring forms, progress notes, and other necessary documentation.
- May be mandated to stay beyond the end of the shift if coverage is required.
- Directly oversees/documents restraints, complete staff debriefing and ensures that all mental health workers are also completing necessary documentation.
- Attends weekly staff meetings in Safe Haven/Kids INN and Shift Lead meetings
- Ensures that all ICMP, Behavioral/Residential Safety Plans and Supervision Guidelines are being followed and that staff are aware of any changes.
- If med certified, administer medication, as scheduled by nurse and prescribed by psychiatrist.
- Complete all Relias trainings (online and in person) by due date.
- Accepts additional assignments and responsibilities as requested by supervisors
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or related field or an Associates with at least 3 years of experience working with a psychiatric population or children in congregate care
- Ability to deal with crisis situations; implement behavior modification programs; maintain appropriate boundaries; and work as a team member.
- Must display effective communication skills in working with children, families, and other staff
- Must fulfill competency based training requirements in TCI and Social Skills Model
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Must pro-actively identify areas of improvement and give feedback to staff to ensure they are meeting their job duties
- Ability to perform TCI consistent with program policy and procedures
- Ability to climb stairs
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT:
- Some travel may be required
- Must be able to work flexible schedules to meet program needs
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!
Boys & Girls Village takes pride in the supportive, team-oriented work environment we offer to current and prospective employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, short and long-term disability, a retirement plan and generous vacation benefits. In addition, it is our goal to assure that the highest quality of care is provided to our clients by our competent, committed employees. To that end, we encourage professional development through our tuition reimbursement program and promote continued growth through various learning opportunities.
Boys & Girls Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We accept resumes on an ongoing basis. Due to the large volume of resumes that we receive, we kindly ask that you do not inquire via telephone about the status of your resume. You can be assured that if you do not hear from us, your resume will be held on file for future consideration.
PLEASE NOTE:Due to the Department of Children & Families regulations, we are prohibited from hiring anyone with a pending charges or convictions of assault or a violent crime; risk of injury to a minor; impairing the morals of a child; physical or sexual abuse, possession; use or sale of a controlled substance; similar crimes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Internships are available. Please contact Human Resources at 203-877-0300 for more information and to learn whether we can meet the internship requirements of your school.
Return to the main Employment page.
| | Share/Bookmark