Foster & Adoptive Care
Open your heart and home, and help change the life of a child in need by becoming a therapeutic foster parent.
Boys & Girls Village Therapeutic Foster Care (TFC) program matches qualified foster parents with children 6 to 17 years old who are in the custody of the Connecticut Department of Children and Families.
Over the past five years, more than a third of all children receiving services through BGV’s Therapeutic Foster Care have been reunited with their families or adopted into a permanent home.
Children who benefit from therapeutic foster care may have histories of abuse or neglect. Others are working to overcome learning, behavioral or emotional problems. All are in need of the comfort, understanding, and security that only a dedicated and supportive therapeutic foster family can provide.
BGV’s experienced Therapeutic Foster Care staff provides foster parents with:
- Training needed to become a state-licensed foster parent
- Ongoing, in-home support
- 24/7 emergency support
- Paid respite breaks
- Access to special recreation, social, and parent education services
- Referrals to community services
- Continuing, post-placement education
- Adoption services, when possible and desired
- A network of caring, experienced professionals dedicated to ensuring success for the Boys & Girls Village children and families
- Foster parents also receive a tax-free, monthly stipend for food, clothing, childcare and other necessities. The amount is based on the level of care, age and needs of each child. Connecticut’s Department of Children & Families provides healthcare coverage.
While most of our parents choose to foster full-time, qualified foster parents can also choose to provide:
- Short-term respite care (as little as one weekend or week a month)
- Temporary emergency care for children who’ve been removed from their homes
All of the children Boys & Girls Village place are in the custody of Connecticut’s Department of Children and Families (DCF).
Please contact us today!
Complete our online interest form or call (888) 922-5528.